www.hackerslab.org

chemfreak

I went to this site and I was suprised to see that they didn't have any lessons. :mad: I have no clue how to hack and wanted to use this site as a way to learn. If you have ever seen the show "It Takes A theif" then you know what I'm talking about. If you know how to hack then you can protect your own information. Does anyone have any idea as to why they do this?

or use the forum search function, and see how many time this has been discussed, including the CORRECT deffinition of hacker...

Seconded... the frequency with which these threads pop up becomes annoying.

Perhaps there should be a sticky thread saying "Wannabe Hackers Look Here" with a redirect to goatse?

I went to this site and I was suprised to see that they didn't have any lessons. :mad: I have no clue how to hack and wanted to use this site as a way to learn. If you have ever seen the show "It Takes A theif" then you know what I'm talking about. If you know how to hack then you can protect your own information. Does anyone have any idea as to why they do this?

what are you trying to protect? your site or your home computer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could almost imagine this newspaper headline:

"Hacker Site Links Posted on Science Forum, Sudden Upsurge in Scriptkiddies"

Isn't that what always happens, anyway? I haven't met an actual hacker before, just people who type stuff into textboxes and assume that they're hacking.

It is HIGHLY recommended not to learn how to hack' date=' even if you cliam you're learning to protect your own computer. It is serious business, and can result in harsh punshment from the law if caught.

[/quote']

Knowledge is power. Know what is done, know how to protect yourself.

Make sure you don't use this knowledge to do bad stuff like hacking into people's computers, stealing information and such, and it's not a bad idea at all to obtain this knowledge.

Speaking of which, the TRUE HACKERS (the original terms, the original hackers purpose) was to enhance security, not distroy or run through it.

Know your systems, know how to manipulate it, and you can find breaches to fix.

~moo