Science Appeal :)

YT2095

I`de like to know what you all find Appealing about Science?

what part of it really "floats your boat", Motivation, Initail Interest in it, How you feel about or towards it etc...

the SFN logo says "More degrees than Dates" and I`m sure in some instances that`s probably quite true as Science can be a VERY demmanding mistress!

:feedback:

What appeals to me about science is the pursuit of it. I can't see myself doing anything else. Science has basically built society, and this has been done through a relatively small number of people compared to general population. There is nothing more interesting to me than a good science book, everything else just seems so....em meager, unsubstantial? I'm not really sure how to put it.

I was first drawn to science by Scrodingers Kittens, the book. It had so many paradoxes that I wanted to clear up, like a crossword puzzle. So I set out to fill in the missing pages. I think I can solve things like this, and other things like gravity, although I am not a mathematician, I am good at philosophy.

Pincho.

sure, but that`s not the issue, I`m happily married and have been for some time now, but my "Science habits/addiction" has at times pushed the envelope of our rellationship above once.

I`m such a lucky man that she is so patient with me and shares many of the same interests.

the "More degrees than dates" part was just an example, NOT the case :)

I see pure beauty in Science and it`s purity, it to me is like a religion (note the word "LIKE").

it`s full of wonder and awesomeness, and actualy discovering something for yourself for the 1`st time is like totaly MEGA! and what real life is all about (even if you find later that it`s been known for years). who cares :)

I see men that pursue money, fame,sex,notoriety etc... and some do indeed have all these things, I wouldn`t trade places with them for the world!

That`s my motivator/attraction to it.

well i gotta say that i think feynman pretty much summed up most scientists fascination with science in the tittle of his book "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out." At least that is it for me. It is quite fun just to figure stuff out.

To be able to go into my lab, do some thinking, do an expreiment and do some more thinking and then say AHA! i get it! That is sweet!