Publishing a trig result

I have managed to work out some general solution for multiple angled trig equations which a number of people have checked and told me are good enough to publish as the work is completely orignal. How do I begin to get this work published and insure that the journal/magazine is at the right level for the work? Any ideas?

Alex

If the people are competent enough to decide what´s worth publishing they should also be able to give you advices where and how to do so. After all, "publishing" can have quite a wide range from "put it on your homepage" to "send it to a peer-review paper". The people you talked with will know better what they meant by publishing, I think.

You should read several of the articles in the journal you want to put it in, that will let you know what level of sophistication and subject area that particular journal is publishing. Be sure to thoroughly check the existing literature to make sure that your work is fully original, or at the very least other articles of similar topics that may need to be cited. One of the databases I use to search journal articles is Web of Science. There are other ones, check them thoroughly.