Finding up to date scholary articles, but not paying for them.

Genecks

I believe it is unjust for people to pay money to read scholarly articles in a journal, such as Nature. :mad:

Does anyone know of a website that gives detailed scientific articles that are in similarity to the ones presented in Nature?

In other words, people publish articles and some of the articles go to Nature; I'm sure that these articles are somewhere in the Library of Congress, where people can access it; however, such a task is time consuming and oft comes with little result. Where else could a person go to obtain such articles freely?

I'm looking for database, that does not require pay, with a collection of these publications; I'm sure one must exist.

Must a person pay for all things these days? Whatever happened to a free education?

The Public Library of Science is a scholarly journal with completely open access content. The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA also publishes a few open access articles on their website.

And, to answer your question, I will pose another question. Why do people these days expect everthing to be free? I applaud those who offer high quality products for free, but I also recognize that many products take a lot of time and money to produce, so it's unreasonable to expect people to just hand them away freely.

I believe it is unjust for people to pay money to read scholarly articles in a journal, such as Nature. :mad:

Go do the research yourself, then. Failing that, be prepared to pay for things that cost money to produce.

In other words, people publish articles and some of the articles go to Nature; I'm sure that these articles are somewhere in the Library of Congress, where people can access it; however, such a task is time consuming and oft comes with little result. Where else could a person go to obtain such articles freely?

Ummm, a library?