Google your name....

Royston

I'm sure many people have done this...in fact Dave Gorman created an entire show, where he met the people who shared his name, simply by googling and arranging to meet with them.

So far I've found two people that share my name. One bloke is in a gay calender called 'naked ambitions.' He's an engineer, and is posing with a tape measure. tee hee

The other is currently studying his masters in mathematics...somewhere in the states, I can't remember exactly where, off the top of my head...though I have thought about getting in contact with him, as I'm starting maths at the end of the year.

Has anyone else googled their name, and found interesting results ?

EDIT: It's actually not a gay calender, but office workers posing naked for charity. My other is April 2005.

Wow I share my name with a rugby player who broke his neck playing for Tynedale and a murderer and rapist on death row. Is everyone called Ali this lucky?

Edit- apparantly the rugby players not that unlucky, he has his own website called 'supportingali' to raise money for him :)

I share my name with absoloutely no one. It's odd though, quite a few ppl have my 1st name, and quite a few have my 2nd but none have both (I don't have a middle name). It's interesting that insane's got a unique name, I thought I was the only one.

I've also got a unique name.

There is only 1 other family with the same surname as mine (we can find no connection between us) and so within those 2 families I'm the only Jonathan... of course it is possible that there is another Jonathan but he is not on Google.

and a murderer and rapist on death row.

Well he sounds like a nice chap :eek: ...any plans on meeting him ;)

I've just found another of the same name...I thought my name was rare. This bloke does talks for managerial skills, yawn.

i found plenty of people with my last name, its a common irish one, and plenty with my first name, also pretty common. i think its originally gaelic or irish or english or something... not sure. "kyle" is pretty much american in my mind at this point.

no others with both first and last, but i did find a few that were about me.

Back in the early 1980s when I first got into online debate/discussion (The Well, CompuServe charter member, GEnie, BBSs, etc), I used to get asked about my name a lot (at least in the few places where I dared to use it, which I never do anymore).

It happens to be the same as a relatively well-known science fiction author. That author is long deceased, and he was writing under a pseudonum anyway. (This was all long before the advent of the Web.) I still get a lot of email from students doing middle/high school book reports on his most famous work. Thankfully the Wikipedia has begun to absorb this kind of traffic.

More recently, it turns out that I share names with a local politician another part of Florida. Given my interest in politics, that one gives me a good chuckle fairly often. :)

One is an undergrad student in BU.

As i was searching i found a lot of Sahil's who were very smart and had won some academic prize. Though most of them were in India.

I googled and found a person who looks like a radical member of animal rights movement who claims responsibility for rescuing rabbits and cats...oh wait... oh dear, nevermind...

You realized it was you, I suppose? lol

I know of three people with my name. (Excluding middle name.)

One is a country music singer, one is General Manger of a group of chain stores, and the third is in jail on sex offences.

In History, my namesakes include a movie actor, a governor of New Jersey and a Reverend.

I must be letting the side down.

I know of three people with my name. (Excluding middle name.)

One is a country music singer' date=' one is General Manger of a group of chain stores, and [b']the third is in jail on sex offences[/b].

In History, my namesakes include a movie actor, a governor of New Jersey and a Reverend.

You sure these aren't the same person ? :D

I must be letting the side down.

Just revel in the fact your the cream of the crop.