If man is in Gods image?????

pretender

If god exists and I am not sure of this. We are here for a short time so far. agee? Dinosaurs were around longer, I ask lighthearted did they have a god to pray to??? Clear or what??sorry for being pathetic, I will try to aspire to your heights, phi for all...

All of creation is in the creators image, perhaps especially so our brother Sun.

"We praise You, Lord, for all Your creatures,

especially for Brother Sun,

who is the day through whom You give us light.

And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendor,

of You Most High, he bears your likeness."

Did we and all things not all evolve out of suns rays, and out of star dust?

So too, the dinosaurs evolved and lived through them, and live through us.

So we too are in the image of our Sun and the stars, and they, of Him.

A Mi'kmaq Legend

"In the land of Kluskap many years ago there lived two sisters who loved to watch the stars. One day when they were walking in the forest they became lost and in the evening they watched the stars as always. In two bright stars, one sister saw Eagle and the other sister saw Hawk. These birds carried them up into heaven.

They were very lonesome, for they were away from their own people and they prayed to Kluskap to have them returned to their homes. He said, "If I do this, you must not look back once we start on our journey". But the younger sister could not resist looking back to see if her older sister were following. As she did, she was immediately turned to flame. You can see her today. Look for a shooting star, it is the younger sister still trying to come back to her people in the old land of Kluskap."

Well' date=' if we don't consider an afterlife, that would be the case. Death would be indeed equals to dust. We would decompose eventually, and the consciousness, the electronic impulses in the brain all gone, lifeless, empty, barren, dead.

If that be the case, I'd rather be thrown into the forest to rot than to get buried inside a coffin. I'd rather contribute to the environment. I would die thinking, a part of me, even if it did not have consciousness, but a part that simply constituted me, like amino acids or some rich nutrient continues on to propagate other life.

To be a part of a tree. To be in the flesh of animals...dead, but a part of that which is life![/quote']

Sort of like Arjuna, right?

If god exists and I am not sure of this. We are here for a short time so far. agee? Dinosaurs were around longer, I ask lighthearted did they have a god to pray to??? Clear or what??sorry for being pathetic, I will try to aspire to your heights, phi for all...

They said, most of the guys in this forum, that there is no God. And that He only exists in our imagination. There is no proof whatsoever...I think. So if there was no God, then the dinosaurs didn't have a God to pray to. Unless they imagined that there is one.

Alice what I was trying to get at is. Does man have to have an idol to pray to and is it only man that needs this. or did animals need this need also. it is only a hypothetical question. If animals didnt pray I guess there is no God as its only mans need.

Uhm...I don't know. Some say we are, some say we're not. IMO, we're not foolish at all. To believe in God is...hmm...it's so hard to explain.

I don't think man needs an idol to pray to. Like say, the Buddhists, they don't idolize Buddha, they just pray to him. Because he is their God.

Like sabbath, she says that she doesn't see God as our image-human. He sees him as an entity...she prays to him now and then, and she doesn't idolize him. She doesn't have idols.

I think what's foolish is for man to idolize their fellow men. Or an image that they think is God, when it is his son, Jesus. Jesus is the guy in the cross and he is our saviour. So he died on the cross for us, that doesn't mean we have to idolize him. He just did what he was told to and us, being the ones he saved must be thankful to him and his father. Be thankful and greatful, not idolize them.

So getting back to your question. No, man does not need an idol to pray to. And no, we are not foolish to believe that there is a god.

ALICE ------- Then why??? after all these years, deaths, wars, famines and disasters are churches still going and priests saying god is good and all what is done in the world is gods need. This is a way of breaking down our laws of evolution. If you believe in evolution you cant believe in creation. My views on this is that man would go astray and cause more destruction, so he must be kept in check, the church is a good medium as there is no way of saying if what is said is true or false. As man likes to be safe he would like to think this life goes on after he departs this life. But I don't think that is the case, when our life ends that's it , it ends. for what reason in the first place, maybe that was luck and chance. But ALICE I don't think there was a god or anything else, There are lots of people who have died to save his fellow man, maybe Jesus was one of many. It must be your choice for whatever you do in this world, not anybody else's..