Business Ideas?

TimbaLanD

Any field or what business idea!!!. Actually when I meant my boss, I meant my partners. There are 4 of us trying to find the perfect niche but still can’t seem to crack it! We all have full time jobs. 1 in Engineering, 2 in IT and one in business retail. We just want to start something off…

Would be nice to get some ideas from you guys but only if you want to share your ideas. I am certainly not forcing anyone…:)

how serious are you?, I mean REALLY!

I may just have something for you, the Planet deserves it, I`ve sat on the idea long enough, I can`t afford the patents and stuff, and this idea`s going to waste.

this WILL make you Millions!!!!! IF you handle it correctly and have enough capital to get started (buying Patents).

get the patents done and owned, you`re set for life!

I`m as serious as cancer here! you may Have this invention of mine.

PM me with WHY I should give this to you, and I`ll consider it.

I can`t say fairer than that! :)

how serious are you?' date=' I mean REALLY!

I may just have something for you, the Planet deserves it, I`ve sat on the idea long enough, I can`t afford the patents and stuff, and this idea`s going to waste.

this WILL make you Millions!!!!! IF you handle it correctly and have enough capital to get started (buying Patents).

get the patents done and owned, you`re set for life!

I`m as serious as cancer here! you may Have this invention of mine.

PM me with WHY I should give this to you, and I`ll consider it.

I can`t say fairer than that! :)[/quote']

That is no excuse YT! You're smart enough to figure out how to make your idea work. If you really do have a great business plan, then why don't you execute it yourself. Not to mention the benefits of having some extra cash to play with when you have a wife and baby. I expect much more effort from The Resourceful One.

Hand in hand with YT's idea (I'm pretty sure I know what he's talking about), I always thought it would be a great business to set up home theatres for people, hooking up TVs, DVDs, VCRs and stereos so they all talk nice to each other. You could even set people up with universal remotes to control everything and instructions on how to use them. You could set their VCR clock so it stops flashing "12:00 AM" for free!

This, coupled with YT's idea, could make for a great little business, and keep four people busy in a medium sized metro area.

That is no excuse YT! You're smart enough to figure out how to make your idea work. If you really do have a great business plan, then why don't you execute it yourself. Not to mention the benefits of having some extra cash to play with when you have a wife and baby. I expect much more effort from The Resourceful One[/i'].

if Money was a motivator, if that`s what I wanted to do as a job, if i was unhappy doing what I`m already doing...

is That what you mean?

and by the way, the idea already does work, and has endorsment from the Police and from law courts, I`ve used and still use this invention :)

Phi, yes it IS what you`re thinking :)

Phi, yes it IS what you`re thinking :)
I thought so. Don't you think my idea and yours dovetail together beautifully? The average person doesn't want to mess with hooking up their video/sound systems and that same person doesn't have the time or savvy to do it right. A team of three IT/Engineer-types with a retail marketer to be the front man could blanket whole housing developments with this much-needed service.

And to protect their investment in home theatre? Ta-DAH! The latest in inexpensive home security, using proprietary technology and insuring that the client will tell others about this great combo service. I can see every home with at least three of your devices to protect obvious points of entry and specialized areas (I still think guarding your liquor cabinet from your teenagers would be a priority for some parents).

I am always a fan of dynamic website design. Just this month I got a new partner, a downtown office, and moved up from 35/hr to 65/hr. My partner is in marketing and graphics design, I am a programmer, so it works out quite well.

The nice thing about that line of work is it lets you leverage your previous experience very well, and it gives you the tools to do your own "get rich" side projects. My goal now is to move out of by-the-hour work and build systems that just make income and grow.

The lovely thing is with distributed services, is that there is no real expense to adding a new paying customer so growth is easier than any other industry.

Its still the sort of thing you need to know what you are doing and you'd be competing with many people, but with an Engineer and two IT guys, plus someone from retail (business management and marketing is a must), all you need to add is the design angle. Its more than using design software though, it takes a really artistic touch, imo.

Just never underestimate the power of a good marketer/sales guy, and good graphics design. As a programmer I always thought good programming spoke for itself...the problem is most clients can't speak that langauge and have to follow the pretty pictures.

PS: I am all self taught, and never so much as filled in a college app, so its not the sort of thing that you need to spend a lotta years learning to do.

Here's a businness idea:

Like where you have a milkman to deliver milk, you have a gas man to drive round a mini tanker and fill up your car with diesel or petrol so you don't have to waste time doing it.

Don't know whether it would be legal though. And your customers would have to get copies of car keys for you.

Would probably appeal to rich people in rich estates where one gas man could make sure every car was full of petrol in the morning. Assuming it was not in a garage.

OK its a bit of a barking idea, but I thought it was cool

OK its a bit of a barking idea, but I thought it was cool
The tanker is what would kill it. You'd have to be insured to the gills to drive around a volatile substance to each of your client's homes.

It would be easier to offer a service where you get bonded and offer to take your client's cars out for a fill up, a quick polish or wash and vacuum out the interior every couple of days. Target the wealthy, appeal to their vanity and stress the convenience, offer to keep mileage records, the whole bit.

Padren – Actually we all stated off with web design with me doing the design work, one looking after the finance, one looking after marketing and the other keeping an eye on operations. It has worked fine so far and the clients have asked us to design logo’s and prepare slogans and mission statements for their company. It’s so far successful but the workload is expanding and I can’t alone do all the design work. It takes a lot of time to design a logo or a website and some clients have asked us to design sign boards and even asked us to propose names for their business. This is all good but I have no business experience. I am more of a creative designer plus I have a full time job!!

I am not sure how to take it from here. I was thinking maybe I can employ a designer and so that I can do the consulting but this maybe expensive so we all decided to rethink our business. I actually want to invent something but the guys are not too keen because they have no knowledge of engineering.

We each now have a task to come up with an idea for this Sunday. This was why I started this thread! :o)