What company will lead to victory in the hybrid car saga?

Genecks

Gas in the U.S. in the midwest is now $3.00 a gallon. This is slowly creeping up to minimum wage. A person working at minimum wage will now pay half of their earnings toward gasoline.

The question has been stated, but is it really easy to pinpoint a hero?

My interests are reasonably capitalistic :rolleyes: and I'm wondering who to invest in. Does anyone know the company that many people are eyeballing?

I'm sure In My Memory has some advice; although, I've never read much from her about this.

It is still a lot cheaper than it is in the UK and no-one has changed their driving habits here yet. In the UK the average price has just passed 95p per litre. 95p=$1.69 and a US gallon is 3.785 litres, so that is $6.40 per gallon. You still have a long way to go...

Surely humans in the UK have thought the same things I have. Who have they spoken about as a business to invest in?

I would recommend having a look at thermal depolymerisation. Unfortuantely though, Changing world technologies, the company that owns the patents for this process; is not currently publicly traded, if that's what you meant by invest.

Gas in the U.S. in the midwest is now $3.00 a gallon. This is slowly creeping up to minimum wage. A person working at minimum wage will now pay half of their earnings toward gasoline.

The question has been stated' date=' but is it really easy to pinpoint a hero?

My interests are reasonably capitalistic :rolleyes: and I'm wondering who to invest in. Does anyone know the company that many people are eyeballing?

I'm sure In My Memory has some advice; although, I've never read much from her about this.[/quote']Though timing is critical, there will be more money to be made is selling short in the onset of a crisis than by investing. I would suggest selling short any goods or services involving 'good will'. Though it has already undergone considerable devaluation, I believe it still has a ways to go.

it's about $3.15 on most places in LI. I've heard it'll rise another dollar this summer.

As for hybrid cars, I believe the winner right now is Toyota. Honda is considering pulling their hybrid off the market due to lack of sales. In reality, hybrid cars are still too expensive for the everyman. It's gotta come down at least another $20,000 grand for sales to increase at a desired rate.

Unless you're in Brasil, who are no longer dependant on foreign oil, it's gonna be a rough ride. Brasil started investing in alternative energies back in the 70's, which is what the rest of the world should have done. Once again, the children are going to have to deal with, and suffer from, their parent's mistakes.