Life on earth is boring

Guest Six

First I would like to start out by saying I'm not depressed or stressed so don't go saying I need help. I'm an artist and I don't expect you to see what I see or even feel.

Now does anybody else feel like they are trapped in a underground jail? Big universe with maybe infinite worlds and not many humans care. Every place I go it's always the same boring repeating human activities such as' date=' work, relationships, kids, religion, etc. The real questions I guess I'm here to ask is don't you ever want more? Aren't you sick of just being human?[/quote']

In response to your OP, I can relate greatly. I used to be very bored with life because I was unaware of my own mortality (I am a narcissist), and also unaware of my innate desire to learn new things. My remedy for my problem was a near death experience which allowed me to appreciate my mortality, and then by seeking to learn new things on a regular basis. I find that no matter how much I tend to learn more knowledge is always their for the taking. I think the problem here is you have a bit of a narcissistic immortality complex mixed with too much star gazing. You need to come back to Earth and literally rewire your brain to appreciate simpler things. So in the end I think the issue lies in your own mind, not in our beautiful planet full of wonders. And I think you ARE depressed regardless of what you say.

Every place I go it's always the same boring repeating human activities such as, work, relationships, kids, religion, etc.

What's this? Work... Relationships... Man, you must be having a blast!

I haven't worked at a job for over a year. And I've never been in a relationship in my whole life.

Let's see... The last time I talked to anyone except my parents was over a week ago. I've been locked in my bedroom for quite a while. I stepped outside two days ago, but only for a few minutes. I've been spending about 15 hours a day using my computer. I've spent the rest of the time either eating or sleeping.

And you think that life out in the world is boring?

seriously how can you live like that? i really would go insane if i lived like that. we are social creatures, we need to be arond other people.

Well, this is just Spring break. I'll be back in school in a few days. I have a friend at school who I talk to. There are also a few other people who I occasionally talk to.

The "a friend" suggests you have a problem socializing.

I meant that I only have one good friend that I know I can trust. There are other people that I sometimes talk to. I don't think I have any socializing problems.

so you don't hang out with friends over the holidays? aren't you the little party animal.

I don't think I've ever gone to a party. I did go to a dance one time, but I didn't dance with anyone. I sat in the corner eating Cheetos until I finally called my Mom and told her to take me home. I never went to a dance again.

This is not the "let's bash Herme3" thread.

Thanks Sayo, but I think every thread becomes a "let's bash Herme3" thread. :-(

ok i'll not bash herme3. but i still think we should also help him out in this thread as well as Six.

Ok, Six, you do sound depressed even though you said your not. boredom and depression actually feel pretty similar except you can escape boredom by doing something interesting and depression you just can't see the point in doing anything.which seems to be the way you see life just now. you say your an artist, why don't you paint/draw/sculpt/whatever your feelings, or your ideal world. it might cheer you up a bit.

Herme3, you have one close friend thats alright but seriously when the holidays are on do you not go over and see him/her, go out to a movie or even just talk? this is what i can't understand. i mean, do you really only see your friends at school/college/university/work? if so, then you really should meet up outside in the world and go do something. just try it.

Herme3, you have one close friend thats alright but seriously when the holidays are on do you not go over and see him/her, go out to a movie or even just talk? this is what i can't understand. i mean, do you really only see your friends at school/college/university/work? if so, then you really should meet up outside in the world and go do something. just try it.

Well, I asked if she wanted to go see a movie a long time ago, and she said she would e-mail me if she did. I never got an e-mail. Then later, I even asked if she wanted to go out on a date. She said, "no". We are still good friends, but only in school. I guess nobody wants to know me out in the real world.

I never usually talk to anyone else. I usually just keep quiet and stay out of other people's conversations. I said something on the bus the other day, and someone said it was only the 2nd time he ever heard my voice in the four years that he knew me.

I never usually talk to anyone else. I usually just keep quiet and stay out of other people's conversations. I said something on the bus the other day, and someone said it was only the 2nd time he ever heard my voice in the four years that he knew me.
Is that not something you want to change?

Maybe if you spook more then more people would like you.

want an out of this world experience in the comfort and saftey of your own home? try reading hitchhikers guide, the first thing i will do when i get to the moon is set up a huge neon sign saying "drinks here"

(and possibly becoming the CEO of a large cheese manufacturing plant)

I hate to be a party pooper but i do agree that a lot of times life is really boring.

But i think of it in this way. life = boring which is normal for us. Therefor something exciting is not normal. But if exciting was normal for us.. then it would be boring for us coz that would be our normal behavior. Its because exciting stuff is not normal and it doesnt happen everyday that it is exciting. But if was normal then it be our standard of normality ( if such a word exists) and therefor that would be boring for us.

Get it?

Ok' date=' Six, you do sound depressed even though you said your not. boredom and depression actually feel pretty similar except you can escape boredom by doing something interesting and depression you just can't see the point in doing anything.which seems to be the way you see life just now. you say your an artist, why don't you paint/draw/sculpt/whatever your feelings, or your ideal world. it might cheer you up a bit.

[/quote']

Soon as somebody thinks outside the human box and can see life on earth for what it really is they are labeled as depressed.

Soon as somebody thinks outside the human box and can see life on earth for what it really is they are labeled as depressed.
The only way to prosper in a society is to establish parameters for functioning within that society and focus your efforts on controlling those parameters. In other words, figure out what you like to do and acquire the skills to do it.

But you're setting yourself up in a situation beyond your control. You're fixing "life on earth for what it really is" as a bleak, terrible prison with no escape. You are giving up what little control you have over your own fate and choosing to set the parameters at a presently unreachable level.

Figure out how you can work towards what you want and then try to make it happen. Are you afraid of hard work? Do you want your perfect life handed to you? It really doesn't work that way. Some things are beyond you; work with what isn't.

If stepping outside the human box, whatever that is, is depressing for you then feel free to step straight back in.

Incendently, until you've done everything that's already been suggested in this thread, you have no basis to call it boring.

Life on Earth is boring? Try another planet.

Be thankful you are living comfortable enough to be bored. That is one of our problems - we have been wired to survive using our brains. If we no longer need it to survive, some become bored and depressed.

The only advice I can give is that your condition is internal. It isn't the world's fault. Life is what it is.

Well herme you sound like me not that long ago. I pretty much grew up as a loner and its a depressing way to live. If you are unhappy with a situation it will never change if you just sit there. You'll have to learn to open up to people a little but more or your going to find life very depressing trust me. And to six, theres a lot of nastiness in the world. But if you let what everyone ELSE is doing and saying affect how you view the world you'll only be hurting yourself. No matter how jaded you may feel if your active in your life and stay patient your bound to find both interesting people to talk to and things to do. Theres no limit to the potential we have on this world, it's all in what we choose to do with it. I recently realized there were a lot of negative influences in my life that always made me see the worst in everything, so i removed those influences from my life. For me that meant cutting out tv, most radio, drinking, and a lot of other little things. If your in a situation thats making you feel bored or unhappy with your life, you just have to find a way to change that situation. I'ts all relative =)

• 2 weeks later...

OK I think that its time to make the inevitable silly comment on the thread title:

"Life on earth is boring"

Then try watching the living planet, the private life of plants, or any other David Attenborough show. Or better still go out into your garden and try repainting a butterfly.

ha ha

On a serious note, SIX: You say you want more. But you don't define what that might be?

Lol so you're claiming that your interpretation of life is correct and everyone else who doesn't see it that way is dillusional?

ha ha ha

you have a sad opinion on life. I wish you the best. Try not to kill yourself.

Most of your reality is what you make of it.