Relationship related rant.

the tree

Seriously, what the hell was the great biologist in the sky thinking? Why is it we feel this ridiclious need to be around people in the vain hope that it'll somehow promote the continuation of our species? And then we just wind up beating ourselves up because we are upsetting people by being stupid! That sucks.

The human race is increasing in number quite happily by itself without my help so why can't I just sit in a cave and draw pictures without all this goddamned emotion? Why should ugly people feel lonely? It's not fair.

so why can't I just sit in a cave and draw pictures without all this goddamned emotion?

and what`s wrong with doing that then?

I did almost exactly that for about 5 years, with little to no human contact at all and certainly nothing of a "Social" nature. and during this time I accomplished much and taught myself all manner of different things, only difference is I didn`t feel at all lonely, only alone (there`s a big difference between the two).

so yeah, you`re young enough, Go for it! :)

Why should ugly people feel lonely? It's not fair.

It is fair, even beautiful people feel lonely.

But really, in a more serious note, I think it is good that you are feeling lonely now. And that you're even angry about it.

I've gone through it myself, that being lonely crap. I still get it sometimes. But as you go along, and get to feel it more often than you don't you'll get better at coping with it. Though it might not seem so at present.

I don't know if it's a phase, especially for teenagers and adolescents. I don't even want to think it's just a phase. Some people will find comfort in knowing that it is just a normal phenomenon caused by the hormones blah blah. Trash that.

I think people become lonely when others can't understand them. Or when there is nobody around who they can connect with intellectually. Well, that's the case with me anyway.

I think it's good, however, to know what loneliness feels like. And though you might not think of it as a blessing right now, loneliness can actually teach you things about yourself you would never have known in the company of other people.

When one is alone, one can become himself...or as close to it as he can possibly get anyway.

I for one, certainly learned to laugh at jokes I cracked myself. I can laugh so suddenly or wear a grin as though out of thin air, and my friends just stare at me. Did somebody just say weird? As for me, I laugh my ass off about that certain joke or pun that was cooking in my head. I just laugh and laugh and laugh. My friends have learned to just shake their heads when that happens or laugh along with me. It's either they're as crazy as I am, or they've got no choice. I'll certainly laugh either way.

I found time for intellectual pursuits too when I was lonely, and I realized that so long as I loved what I was doing I didn't have to be constantly dealing with people who are, on some days, worth my imagining them being clobbered to death, or their eyes pricked by a needle for eternity. And no, you don't have to tell me I'm insane, I already know.

But..I think if you feel you have to see people and walk under daylight for a while, then do so. If you don't want to, don't force yourself. You're not entitled to. Draw those cave murals, I think the world would be better off if you did them...than to have another fraud.

"...to thine self be true" -Shakespeare

Dude.... Humans are not the only species to have pair bonds. We are the only ones to dwell on it though, or are we? My brother used to work with a species of penguin that would never form a pair bond again after its mate died. It was impossible to tell if this was a form of extended mourning but its possible. Blame the Oxytocin...

Judging from the collection of pictures of yourself that you have been using as avatars recently, I can see where that comment is comming from...
LOL* :D

* I'm literally laughing out loud!

Yeah, real life stinks and it often doesn't seem to have a point. It sounds like you need some type of escape from reality. Go to http://www.dreamviews.com and learn how to create the girl of your dreams. You'll be able to spend 8 hours with her everyday and you can even create your own Heaven where the two of you can live together happily. :)

It says on the web site not to use lucid dreaming this way, but it would be better than shooting yourself in real life.

It is fair, even beautiful people feel lonely.

*Sigh* don't I know it...I think being single is a prime opportunity to concentrate on achieving what you want out of life, rather than having your time being eaten up with a relationship. I think since my teens, I only had a few months to myself before another girlfriend came along...it was only when I went travelling, and the last year that I've been single (and loving it.)

It's actually the first time where having a girlfriend is the last thing I need, I just wouldn't have time for a relationship...a f*!k buddy would be nice, providing the feeling was mutual, and stayed mutual...but I get the impression somebody always gets hurt with those kind of scenarios.

So I suggest The Tree, think about having some quality time to yourself, and use it to your advantage. You can score when you get that great job with your impressive academic credentials.

Its just one more desire and drive in life that pushes us to learn and better ourselves.

Its not a whole lot different than compassion, curiosity, and the things that drive us to study for painfully long hours to satiate our need to explore and understand them.

Whether in academics or any social interests, the worst thing we can do is expect perfection of ourselves or others...its a learning process with lots of messing up on everyone's part, but its part of what makes us grow and become better people.

Just remember when you are feeling badly, that feeling badly isn't a sign something is "wrong" overall, but its just part of the processes of slowly getting things right, and don't loose hope.

Yeah' date=' real life stinks and it often doesn't seem to have a point. It sounds like you need some type of escape from reality. Go to http://www.dreamviews.com and learn how to create the girl of your dreams. You'll be able to spend 8 hours with her everyday and you can even create your own Heaven where the two of you can live together happily. :)

It says on the web site not to use lucid dreaming this way, but it would be better than shooting yourself in real life.

I expect that anyone that had to resort to That sort of thing, might as well Shoot themselves!

and no real life Doesn`t "Stink" it`s fantastic for the main part.

o.k. I was fairly mad when I wrote that, mostly at myself. In fact, I hadn't got dumped, it was me failling to make something of a potential relationship but still feeling bad despite the fact it was pretty much me that wasn't letting anything happen.

You're right, life is good, it has toffee.

I expect that anyone that had to resort to That sort of thing' date=' might as well Shoot themselves!

and no real life Doesn`t "Stink" it`s fantastic for the main part.[/quote']

It seems like a great way for lonely people to escape from the pain of loneliness. You probably wouldn't understand because you are already married. If you were lonely, maybe your view of the world would change. If I had a girlfriend, perhaps my view of the world would also change. Killing yourself isn't going to accomplish anything, but escaping reality could at least trick your mind into feeling happy.

It seems like a great way for lonely people to escape from the pain of loneliness. You probably wouldn't understand because you are already married. If you were lonely, maybe your view of the world would change. If I had a girlfriend, perhaps my view of the world would also change. Killing yourself isn't going to accomplish anything, but escaping reality could at least trick your mind into feeling happy.

I can hardly beleive I`m reading This garbage, it`s NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING!!! to do with being married or having a girlfriend or a dog or cat or goldfish.

it has Everything to with YOU!.

as I said before, if you Need "Tricking" (your words) there`s something Seriously wrong with you!

get the gun...

I can hardly beleive I`m reading This garbage' date=' it`s NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING!!! to do with being married or having a girlfriend or a dog or cat or goldfish.

it has Everything to with YOU!.

as I said before, if you Need "Tricking" (your words) there`s something Seriously wrong with you!

get the gun...[/quote']

Why do you think this is so bad? It isn't anything like drugs that could damage your health. It's a completely harmless way to escape reality and get more enjoyment out of life. It can work for anyone, no matter how lonely, poor, or depressed he or she might be. You can live your social life in your mind, and just use the real world to get the food and water you need to stay alive.