Hot off the press!

YT2095

Naaah, I have no interest in Drugs, a beer and cig is my limit man!

I enjoy chilis for Much different reasons, they`re a pleasure to grow and nurture, their friut is fantastic in taste and arroma.

I wouldn`t wish to sully it with Drugs or proliferation of drugs, you speak to the Wrong sort of Chemist with me :)

Is there some kind of resistance your taste buds build up to be able to handle the hotter chilis?

Yes, your body builds up an accumulative tolerance to capsaicin just like a tolerance to a regularly ingested drug. Fresh peppers off the bush that once tasted like firecrackers begin to taste like sweet fruits. You get to where you can taste flavors in the peppers you never tasted before because they were masked by the heat.

never had that issue with Chilis?

Pepper corn based foods for heat YES, certainly, and as a precaution I leave a toilet roll in the freezer overnight.

chilis or alylisothiocyanate based hot stuff, de nada, never an issue.

• 1 month later...

well you`re at the wrong time of year for planting them now, I sow mine April 1`st, so unless you have very expensive indoor growing kit, you`ll have to wait a while. even then they`re best grown in a greenhouse.

it will however give you time to accumulate the other things, such a 100% pure ethanol.

Sashatheman, it would all depend on the amount of Capsiacin(oids) present, in large amounts Capsiacin is a Neuro-toxin and quite lethal.

well you`re at the wrong time of year for planting them now' date=' I sow mine April 1`st, so unless you have very expensive indoor growing kit, you`ll have to wait a while. even then they`re best grown in a greenhouse.

it will however give you time to accumulate the other things, such a 100% pure ethanol.

Sashatheman, it would all depend on the amount of Capsiacin(oids) present, in large amounts Capsiacin is a Neuro-toxin and quite lethal.[/quote']

Well, I want to grow them indoors on a window porch. Just a few pots, nothing serious. I just want to get some seriously hot chili peppers that make people cry.

something like a Tepin chili would be ideal then, they`re Very hot and also Perenials, don`t forget the amount of light per day is also a factor in growth stages, planting an Annual this time of year wouldn`t work very well if at all.

you say you`re into pyro, so you must have some BP or KNO3 laying around?

keep what you have and when the plants start to flower, feed them dillute solns of this, they`ll love you for it :)

Scicop, I eat salsa every day and yes I am more used to it tastewise and in my digestion. Often meat and fish are relatively slow moving through the gut, so the balanced diet with grains and vegetables (and maybe beans), nicely spiced, is the ticket. If you're eating Mexican food, scarf a few tortillas. Once a new China Buffet opened, and I went nuts the first time, Oh yes I love kimchee and wasabi and hot mustard and red chili sauce on shrimp, and yes I blew out my digestion for three days.