creationism-free search engines?

mattbimbo

simple questions: how long will it be till i can have a creationism-free search engine? ;) will the new semantic web really make a difference?

Not soon, rubbish always creaps into even the best searches. I use Google and RIP this forever to get rid of the rubbish I don't like :D

You can use the keywords in Google to filter out most of the rubbish anyway :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

thanks for the posts.

RyanJ: I use Google and RIP

what is RIP?

RyanJ: I have enough trouble with english without learning mattbimboish

have you never looked up the meaning of swansonts/supreme canuck signature? the idea of a tiny balrog was inspired.

i am still curious to learn whether the semantic web will make a difference.

what is RIP?

RIP is this: http://rip.mozdev.org/

i am still curious to learn whether the semantic web will make a difference.

Yes and no. It would make indexing easier for the engines and thus make it easier for them to filter out un-wanted content and no because the search engines just don't care enough to optimise the search algorithms :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I wish there would be such a thing as a creation free web search, but I can see how that would be a problem. A better option would be to have a major organization endorse scientifically valid websites, so those who don't know much about their subject can trust the information they're being given if the site they're at is endorsed.