Could man be part Alien????

pretender

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I don't know about part alien, but man is different.

Not talking genetics, but outlook. Man is the only animal that will actively seek out danger. Perhaps it's a function of our higher brain functions?

Whatever the reason, man is different. The why and how would be interesting to know. Any ideas?

Different? Shave a chimp and you've got us.

Well thats true up to a limit. Chips dont build roads' date=' houses, computers etc. there is something different in man than any other life form on this planet. and this is the bit that I wonder if it may be from elsewhere. whatever happened back in time. If we were implanted with something that put us apart from other life forms they would have needed a life form that was native from earth, that could live on this planet, as a virus does( needs a host body ).[/quote']

Our construction of roads and machines, even of the most complex nature, could be seen simply as an extension of the same tool using abilities that chimps, and apes in general have.

Man is different from other life on this planet, is it possible that man is only part from this planet??????

If the (I want to say theory, but I'm not sure) hypothesis they call Panspermia is true than all life is not of this world.

Panspermia is the hypothesis that the seeds of life are ubiquitous in the Universe, that they may have delivered life to Earth, and that they may deliver or have delivered life to other habitable bodies; also the process of such delivery.

• 1 month later...
I dont see any Chimps building roads etc....

These guys build and maintain trackways, which is a simple form of road. They also have to keep a map of their "road" network in their hends so as to be able to take short cuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_shrew

Sure they are not as complex as our roads, but it is on the same ballground, much like the tool use of chimps is a simpler version of the tool use that gave us computers (which are a tool in themselves).

Even language is not strictly only in humans. Many animals (the great apes, dolphins and posibly squid and octopus too) have rudimentary forms of langauge (with dialects too). Chimps are able to grasp the concept of syntax and there is even an Parrot that has learned around 1000 words of English and can respond to questions (not bad for a bird brain :D ).

Ther is no single human ability that is not also seen to a greatere or lesser degree in other animals all over the world.

Man is only different because he kills other men over stupid ideas, not worthwhile goals like sex and food.

Is it also not plausible that men kill each other as a built in check and balance system? I mean, if you're at the top of the food chain, who's going to eat us...but us?

Is it also not plausible that men kill each other as a built in check and balance system? I mean, if you're at the top of the food chain, who's going to eat us...but us?

Plenty of things eat humans; Mosquetos, Magots, Bacteria, Fungi, Leeches,

Just because we arn't chased through the woods by large fang bearing beasts (most of the time) dosn't mean we are on top.

Plenty of things eat humans; Mosquetos, Magots, Bacteria, Fungi, Leeches,

Just because we arn't chased through the woods by large fang bearing beasts (most of the time) dosn't mean we are on top.

I don't know anyone who was killed by maggots or leeches. And I don't think Mosquitos are a relevant killer of humans. Bacteria though, that's a good one.

I actually thought about disease and parasites after I made that post. I guess they could be our population check.

So, are you saying we are not on top of the food chain?

we all are part alien...

dont we in theory come from outer space?

There is the theory that organisms could be trapped within meteroids, around the time of the bombardments Earth was subjected to around 4000 MA ago, but it's not a particularly popular theory...along with the 'spores in space' theory. I prefer the work looking at amino acids constructing complex structures within minerals (such as calcite) that could of kick started life.

However they have detected amino acids in a number of meteroites that might not have been present on Earth before, (I think it was a meteroite found in Australia) so in that sense, we could be part extra terrestrial.

Another scenario is that Earth was predominantly frozen and was thawed by the bombardments of comets and meteroids, and life started under the ice sheets, where convective currents from hot vents deep in the ocean (which are present today) prevented deep freezing, these cold waters preserved important compouds and so increasing the chances of life starting in liquid water...I think chemo-autotrophs were likely candidates. This is why Saturns satellite Enceladus, is an exciting prospect for basic forms of life.

I'd be more inclined to say, we're not half extra terrestrial...but that's an unsubstantiated personal opinion.

There is the theory that organisms could be trapped within meteroids, around the time of the bombardments Earth was subjected to around 4000 MA ago, but it's not a particularly popular theory...along with the 'spores in space' theory. I prefer the work looking at amino acids constructing complex structures within minerals (such as calcite) that could of kick started life.

See, that's what blows my mind. I don't know anything about this stuff, so I'm easily amazed at the process. I've had to do some light reading on hormones, and even that seems "designed". How is it that science explains how all of these processes - hormones, enzymes, amino acids...etc - all came together to work perfectly together to make a functioning animal?

I find this very fascinating.

The problem with the meteor theory, is that it's almost too neat. Even if the first life forms were in meteors, they still had to have formed somehow. Of course, unless we know where they formed, we aren't going to know HOW they formed. It's too bad it's nearly impossible to say what truly happened.

I don't know anyone who was killed by maggots or leeches. And I don't think Mosquitos are a relevant killer of humans. Bacteria though, that's a good one.

Opps, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they kill us only that they eat us.

So, are you saying we are not on top of the food chain?

Yes exactly

I have faith that evolution will find away to kill off a large portion of our population. We cannot keep going forever.

The problem with the meteor theory, is that it's almost too neat. Even if the first life forms were in meteors, they still had to have formed somehow. Of course, unless we know where they formed, we aren't going to know HOW they formed. It's too bad it's nearly impossible to say what truly happened.

Are you guys talking about panspirmia?

Absolutely, the meteor theory does seem a bit of a cop out, with regards to life starting on Earth, but I think certain aspects can be whittled down a bit...such as the atmosphere on earth around that time. If very primitive life is found on other celestial bodies, then it would certainly give an indication of the conditions of Earth when life began. I think this is the only way forward...as you said, without knowing these conditions is rather pointless, life could probably be synthezied in a lab, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that's how it started on Earth e.g the Miller-Urey experiments seemed very promising at first, but have since been debunked.

Same, I wrote an essay on the subject just a few weeks ago...I'll get you some links when I get home tonight.

Cool, thanks.

Opps, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they kill us only that they eat us.

Well, that was my fault. I did use the term "eat", but I meant kill.

So' date=' are you saying we are not on top of the food chain?[/quote']

Yes exactly

Interesting. So is this a fairly accepted idea in science or is this your take? Not that you don't have any merit, I'm just asking. And what is at the top of the food chain?

And I don't think Mosquitoes are a relevant killer of humans.

*cough* malaria vectors *cough*

The problem with the meteor theory, is that it's almost too neat. Even if the first life forms were in meteors, they still had to have formed somehow.

Would viable organics survive a High speed/High temp impact?

Most proteins denature above 150C, cosmic rays, a sudden temp change from near absolute zero to higher temps probably wouldn't do them the world of good either, nor for that matter high speed collisions. It's possible that someone has worked all this out but I'm not aware of it if they have.

Husmusen

If we really were part alien do you think the aliens that gave us the "alien part" that we came from would be ticked off that we haven't figured it out yet?

Even better yet. How dumb would they think we were for coming up with all the other crazy ideas we have about where we came from?

This would be a great Simpson's episode.

Scene: Kang and Kodos are observing earth from thier space ship.

Kang: Have the humans figured out how they were created?

Kodos : No Kang, Some of the humans believe they were created by a god or other religious diety of thier own creation, others believe they came from (dramatic pause) chimps.

Kang and Kodos look at each other through three seconds of uncomfortable silence.

Both: BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Kang: Stupid humans!

Space craft flies away, Homer says "d'oh", Mr. Burns says "excellent", Krusty says "Hey Hey Kids".

THE END

Would viable organics survive a High speed/High temp impact?

Apparently, examination of meteors indicate that the centres (of even small meteors) don't heat up much on entry into the atmosphere. The outside tends to get hot, but then a plasma forms around it, which tends to insulate the meteor.

Although I do not know of any case where this has been shown to allow organic matter to survive (scince they haven't found any meteors with it in it), but it seems that if there was organisms in the meteor, they might be able to survive entry into the atmosphere.

If we really were part alien do you think the aliens that gave us the "alien part" that we came from would be ticked off that we haven't figured it out yet?

Even better yet. How dumb would they think we were for coming up with all the other crazy ideas we have about where we came from?

This would be a great Simpson's episode.

Scene: Kang and Kodos are observing earth from thier space ship.

Kang: Have the humans figured out how they were created?

Kodos : No Kang, Some of the humans believe they were created by a god or other religious diety of thier own creation, others believe they came from (dramatic pause) chimps.

Kang and Kodos look at each other through three seconds of uncomfortable silence.

Both: BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Kang: Stupid humans!

Space craft flies away, Homer says "d'oh", Mr. Burns says "excellent", Krusty says "Hey Hey Kids".

THE END

I could have sworn there was a southpark episode on this...