## Miracle Of ANTI-OXIDANTS ##

chuinhen

Recently Im doing a research in this topic !!

Anyone likes to share ideas with me ??

1)Cardiomyopathy

2)lowering in homocystein

3)cataract & macular degeneration

3)Cancer

4)Arthritis & Osteoporosis

5)Parkinson & Alzheimer's disease

6)Autoimmune disease

7)Diabetes

Im collecting information for :

@ The type(s) of antioxidants used to cure/prevent disease stated above

@ The amount/dos/ required

@ Function

@ other relevant information !!

In my findings :

Cardiomyopathy : CoQ10 300-500mg

Lowering homocystein : B12 50-150mcg B6 25-50 mg

Cataract : Bcarotene 15000 IU

Cancer : CoQ10 600 mg Grape seed extract 300 mg

Parkinson's disease : Vit E 200 IU Ginkgo 30 mg grapeseed extract

Autoimmune disease : Grapeseed extract Omega 3

Diabetes :

Can anyone place their suggestion or alternation for the above list ??

Can't say i can help you with the above information but...... I read a book on antioxidants? I read that, uhh, antioxidants really can't be a miracle cure. The superoxides within our body react so fast (within one or two miliseconds)there's no way to FULLY prevent the electron stripping from occuring. Vitamin C didn't work for Palsing : /

Well i don't know if anyones read Nick Lane's "Molecule that changed the world" but its a good book. What i found particulary interesting to read was the concept behind oxygen being the lead cause of our age and health degenercy. It leaks out of mitochondria and fuks up molecules within reach. Theres two ways to prevent this. One is with antioxidant's which is the main prevention of these nasty reactions in humans.. But missing from humans is the strong ability to prevent leakage from the mitochondria in the first place. This is what birds have, hence why they can consume so much oxygen. So it would be very interesting if there was a way we could tackle this leakage of oxygen within our mitochondria. Hope this helps, haha :)

Antioxidants may not be a miracle cure, but they have potential to slow the time of progression of many diseases, including Alzheimer's disease. For that disease studies have shown that the ABeta amyloid precipitation may mediated by its oxidative states, and that antioxidents have a potential to slow ABeta amyloid accumulation in the brain. I think similar findings have been reported for neurofibulary tangles (hyper-phosphorylated tau).

I suggest reading the work of Tanzi, R at Harvard, as he as done alot of work with ABeta. There is also an investigator at Mount Sinai School of Medicine (name eludes me) who has reported therapeutic effects of red wine (cabernet) on a mouse model of Alhzeimer's and attributes the activity to anti-oxidants found in the wine, and not the ethanol (control experiments). I believe he has identifed some of the compounds that exert the same therapeutic activity (flavinoids).

This is just one disease! Big-pharma is definately on antioxidant band wagon so, I wouldn't say they are useless. They are not a miracle cure, but how many drugs out there are miracle cures..most just slow the time of symptomatic disease progression!