wedding rings

ydoaPs

Get A Time Machine. That Was Like Two Years Ago.
I was thinking more along the lines of demonic possession. "Title Case Troll Banned From SFN After Claiming Earth Created In Six Days" the headlines would read. :D

I'm beginning to think the same thing happened to Mokele. What if he's been possessed by the spirits of syntax252 and Willowtree? What if he comes back and starts posting "turn or burn" threads with lots of rolleyes smileys, hmmmm? :rolleyes:

Willowtree, that was the person that directed me to this forum. [sings:] Mem'ries, misty waters... gets hit by wife and stops singing. Sounds of rejoicing from neighbours.

He appeared on another forum complaining that you lot weren't taking him seriously. I read his threads and decided that the mob here were far more polite than he had any right to expect.:D

Willowtree' date=' that was the person that directed me to this forum. [i'][sings:][/i] Mem'ries, misty waters... gets hit by wife and stops singing. Sounds of rejoicing from neighbours.

He appeared on another forum complaining that you lot weren't taking him seriously. I read his threads and decided that the mob here were far more polite than he had any right to expect.:D

I'm glad we got some "gold" out of the Willowtree... incident. God works in mysterious ways.

:)

Just realised.... It is not the heaviness of the gold, but the burden of the commitment the ring signifies that weighs you down. A wedding ring made of feathers might seem just as heavy.

wait a minute when we talk about heavy metals why not consider silver and copper as well. people cook in copper vessels& eat in silver plates. why is the royal family not down with something as of yet.and by the way gol i like ur sense of humor. and probably gold will do enough damage if u wear it on like for a thousand years. which is not possible so need not worry.

If you google "gold toxicity" you will find some research that indicates gold can have some long term mild toxic effects: but however, wedding rings are not pure gold, it is always adulterated to increase hardness. To be serious, then, one should examine the toxicity of the adulterating metals.

I have also read that even 100% pure gold is never actually so, and one of the impurities most difficult to erradicate is lead.

So absolutely pure gold? Probably non-toxic over human lifespan, but common or garden wedding ring alloys? Doubtful.

As for copper and silver cooking ware, they react to acids in the food, producing at least verdigris, which is harmful. dont know about silver.

A question for Woelen?

:)

I can prove that gold is bad for your health, though:

Try carrying 1million monetary units of gold, compared to the same value in high value paper money. Which will break your back? Case proven.

wait a minute when we talk about heavy metals why not consider silver and copper as well. people cook in copper vessels& eat in silver plates. why is the royal family not down with something as of yet.and by the way gol i like ur sense of humor.[/color'] and probably gold will do enough damage if u wear it on like for a thousand years. which is not possible so need not worry.

Copper and silver are not gold. In fact, our bodies actually require us to ingest small amounts of copper on a regular basis.