Sleep/Unconsciousness

this is just a simple quick question.

imagine it were possible to render someone unconscious without harming them or using a drug, Something like the Vulcan stun grip thing.

there are 2 people, one has been awake for 24 hours and is very tired, the other has not long woken up and is ready for the day.

Both are "knocked out".

do they both come around at the same time, or does the tired one stay out cold?

The tired one would probably continue to sleep. The vulcan sleep hold would act like a tranquilizer. I like your natural tranquilizer. The one who is aleady refreshed from sleeping would probally awaken sooner to continue their day.

the tired one would most likely continue to sleep to make up for his lost energy. and the other would wake up sooner than the other.

i didn't need to answer this! maybe i need to get some rest. i'm beginning to act stupid!:confused:

not such a simple question. i asked a surgeon about people recovering from anaesthesia whether they recovered more quickly if they underwent surgery in the morning compared to night. she said 'yes, perhaps, not sure. i guess it depends on the amount of adrenalin and other stress hormones on the go'.

anyway i am sure you could do experiments with mice quite easily.

perhaps they will remain the same. I heard of one poor chap who through brain damage was unable to initiate into sleep. The poor man died within a couple of months. My point here is that they aneathetised him and it made no difference, it was not sleep?