Hmmm...I turn my back for 5 min....

daisy

Boys, boys.....how predictable you are.....lol. "Stephy" with her innuendo turns up and your tongues are hanging out. Perhaps I misjudge and actually she won a Nobel prize....but I doubt it. This totally confirms my opinion of men....committed to their life's work until a likely looking filly turns up!! But I suspect "filly" is a misnomer.

It's ok daisy! we can be friends. want to hold hands and skip through fields of pink daises while singing love songs to eachother?

Really though, should I have a nobel prize before anyone on this forum pays attention to me and/or communicates with me in any way? Do you have a nobel prize? Are you upset because you're not the only girl to pay attention to now? Is your ego bruised?

I am SOOO sorry for using this board for a source of entertainment and a way to pass time.

T'n'A Anonymous?

There's nothing saying you can't be committed to science and women (or men or whatever you fancy). That being said there wouldn't be a Nobel prize if Alfred Nobel wasn't a loveless loner.

Nobel was a strange guy, he was often depressed and seem to have enjoyed working more than relationships. He was idealistic but generally thought the world was going to hell in a handbasket. His way of preventing this was to produce high explosives, like dynamite and gelignite, and ammunitions, armour plating etc. He doesn't make much sense. He did make a fortune though.

as anyone will tell you that`s come into close contact with NG the headaches it gives can be quite severe.

Pehaps he DID have girlfriends, but they just got tired of him saying "Not tonight dear, I`ve got a headache" all the while?

just a thought :)

No "Stephy"....I don't have a Nobel but I do science for real....and no my ego isn't bruised....why would it be? How odd that you should think that. I'm a research scientist which is why I gravitated towards a science forum (!!).... so I kind of like chatting to young'uns who are interested in science. I'm married with two teenage kids so I'm no spring chicken but I like meeting people even on the net. It keeps me young but I'm mature enough to know how to have a bit of a laugh without causing offence or being crude. And I don't really feel the need to be your friend...I have a few of those already. Sorry, but you have set yourself up for insults by using innuendo and not really being interested in science. These are my opinions and not necessarily reflected by the "management".

First of all I wasn't expecting you to take everything I said so seriously, but if you want to, more power to you.

Also, the only reason I joined this board is because blike and a few other people I talk to said I should, granted it was probably just to boost the number of members I figured I would check it out. IMHO I think it's better that I keep my "pointless" babble/chatter/whatever to the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum vs posting my social opinions in all of the other forums. At least it sort of fits in here.

I love you some of you look down on me because I'm not as smart as you or as into science as you. Try to insult me all you would like, it doesn't really bother me. To each their own and if it really makes you feel superior to me, smarter than me, and/or better than me than good for you.

Forgive me for not realizing that you guys are SO much better than me and have every right to insult me because of some supposed "innuendo" that I brought to the board.

Also, if you're married with two teenage kids, what are you doing trying to insult someone who is probably young enough to be your kid? Doesn't seem very mature to me.

First of all, being neutral in the situation, I saw no such insults being thrown around by daisy. However I did find her comments somewat abrasive and liable to cause offence.

I DO find it interesting that she felt the need to start a thread on the matter, perhaps feeling threatened on a subconcious level, as she did remain one of the few female frequent visitors for some time before stephy arrived.

I do liken daisy to a motherly figure however, and can only laugh whilst imagining my own mother reacting to the presence of a "younger more fertile female" (as taken from discovery channel) newly arrived at the scene while visiting a forum (as my mother frequently does...not here though, thank god).

BUT FEAR NOT DAISY! Your place is securely fastened to the site and your input valued. Your unique presence need not be challenged by the bold emergence of a younger, less experienced individual.

But, stephy, perhaps scienceforums is not the place you want to be if you feel oppression or ridicule from the other members of the forum, although I've seen little evidence of that. And it is a science forum after all.

Not that I wish for your departure, but perhaps you might want to entertain a small bit of interest in science if you are to remain..? Female oppinions on things of this nature do appeal to me so, as I get male oppinions all too frequently. ( Let us not get into a sexist debate ... as I am quite sick of those from mindless highschool social studies classes )

Plus, that avatar bloody rocks.

alt_f13 said in post #20 :

Not that I wish for your departure, but perhaps you might want to entertain a small bit of interest in science if you are to remain..?

Plus, that avatar bloody rocks.

Believe it or not, I do venture into the other forums and read things, most of the time I just feel my opinion on what's be discussed isn't really necessary.

Also, putting me on ignore isn't going to hurt my feelings. If you don't want to read what I have to say, then that seems like that mature and only really obvious way to ignore me.

I suppose when I registered I didn't think my presence would cause such a ruckus.