Cartridge

Primarygun

To attempt an answer, it is essential to know printer model and cartridge number. Normally if the cartridge is empty, the printer firmware and software knows, and prevents any printing activity. If the printer attempts to print but no ink goes to the paper, it may may even be that the fresh ink is not getting to the printhead. often, simple refilling is not sufficient, and a "priming" procedure is required. All printers and cartridges require different refilling regimes, in my experience. My present printer is an HP930c, and the 42ml black cartridge is on its 10th refill. I think there are only two basic types of ink, dye and pigment. The dye should always work, but the print quality and colour fastness will vary.

is not getting to the printhead

Yes, I think this is for my case. I found that even if I filled to 3/4 of the cartridge, the printhead tips no ink.

My printer is hp psc 1210 all-in-one.

And also, I think different cartridges use different types of ink... make sure the type you refilled it with is compatable.

I bought it in a shop after telling the shopkeeper what my printer is.

Did you by chance touch the computer chip on the cartrige with your finger oils?

The machines can still recognise the printer, so I don't think my oil really stops it working.

If you did not already know, because the cartridge has an internal sponge, it takes time for the new ink to "revive" the empty dry sponge. It may take a day to soak through properly. I have found that gently pressurising the cartridge through the filling hole by mouth or air-filled syringe can speed up the process. Don't expect this cartridge to work immediately.

Did you also run several recharging/cleaning cycles to refill the tube from tank to printhead? When all fails, you may have to spend money on a chip resetter, bad luck.

Refilling different cartridges is more art and practice than science. Very frustrating and mucky! Manufacturers want it to be as difficult as possible. Their profit.