Anybody here crankin WUs for SETI?

aman

Since I'm not on my computer a lot I have the Seti@home software running on my little Dell and I process work units from the Aricibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico. It's run in Berkely with almost 4 million volunteers. I am going to be the one to find ET.

Anybody else here doing it?:shrug: :scratch: :shrug:

Just aman :cool2:

It's at http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

I've cranked 60 WUs with my snail Dell with close to 1200 hours so I'm at about 20 hours each.

The best part about it is I joined a group called Skyzdalimit.

They are so friendly and have an incredible amount of tech expertise. I've asked some dumb questions and get an answer to any computer problem within a day by several experts.

I'd recommend you join this group if you sign up for the WU's.

It's worth it just for that.

Just aman:cool2: :cool2:

Guest CelticSkyhawk

Aman, you're doing a great job as a recruiter, but I have to say he did some advertising for this site on Skzdalimit. I've found a few good threads to read in only a few minutes here.

• 10 months later...

I got my new computer in October and completely forgot to install SETI@home despite this new machine being powerful enough to really churn out the data.

I installed it yesterday and it's munching through those blocks!

Yum yum, space signals.

I believe its been running on my father's computer non-stop for about two years. I'm rather unsure of how many data packets thats been through and what not, but two years has to count for something. Although, i did have it running myself for quite a while, i just decided i needed that extra bandwith for other things.

• 1 month later...

I don't run those (@home) programs because I don't know what i'm processing for sure.

What I mean is with the appropriated transformations in the source data they could probably let us analyse a lot of different things.

Maybe we are even analysing our own (the population) security risk.