Rockets

Prashan_punk

If you really want to do rocketry, then first do some more research and try to understand what is important. Just putting some stuff in a tube and hoping it will work as a rocket is not a wise thing to do. Also, perform a search on this forum, there already is quite some info about this subject.

There are other sources of KNO3 which are readily available. However, buying a premade engine is way safer than making your own. Although I completely understand the thrill of building it from the propellant up, there is a lot of things to consider and a lot of safety precautions to take when making your own. I ended up not doing it because I was concerned about my inexperience in the field of mixing up explosives.

i just bought the premade ones to launch my r/c plane since i don't have a suitable runway for take off and i can't throw it fast enough. i could use a slingshot of sorts or try making a steam catapult like on aircraft carriers, but... fire. they are more than adequate just shove 4 under the wings and another one just under the tail and it can get it up to 45 mph in about 5.5 m

the best ones are the solid fuel types made with black powder and dextrin (as used by Estes), the have a reliable and reasonably constant burn rate, and being a solid grain (made under lots of pressure) have a good mechanical stability almost inherant in such a design.

I actualy have home trials of this on video, and of about 30 rockets only 2 were succesful!

you either get it right or you`ve made a great road flare or something that goes Bang :(

in the long run, it works out cheaper to just Buy them :)

Witch Oxidizers Would Be Better Rocket Propellent:

Ammonium Dichromate

Ammonium Nitrate

Ammonium Perchlorate

Copper Nitrate

Iron Oxide (black)

Potassium Chlorate

Potassium Nitrate

Potassium Perchlorate

Potassium Permanganate

Depends on the motor you want to create, Ammonium Perchlorate is the most powerful oxidizer and is used in the large expert motors. If youre a beginner you should go with KNO3. Most of the other oxidizers are very/pretty impractical.

any of the (per)Chlorates will work providing a suitable Reducer is used that`s mechanicaly stable. the potassium Nitrate also works and needs the same considerations, but is also less active as an oxidiser.