More than what we see

kenshin

But not entirely that kind.

That's why I needed more data.

And reor,here is one for you(I feel like a tarot card reader,sometimes,others should also give it a shot;) )

It is not supposed to be right:-p ,but still.........

Always careful and cautious(instinct wise).well not always,but sometimes and,there is no pattern in it.But a few thing always put you now a high.(like a few mentioned below)

You fear(I wanted to use some other word,but can't think of one now) that someone might be able to manipulate(or change) you and you try to avoid that at all costs

You like people who put themselves clearly and precisely

you try to be immune to any external influence in any way until unless you can digest it after proper scrutiny and you feel right about it.

you can feel sorry for others...understanding,"deep thinking",

you are always bubbling with new ideas,like to challenge the existing believes

You have above average foresight and good grasping

You have above average maturity level.

you Want to have a balanced and controlled life

you have a good observation.

you are too logical,mostly uses brain to decide matters rather then heart.

you are very ambitious

attitude

skeptic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one is quite hard - I'll be surprised if anyone figures out what kind of person I am - but then again you can look at my post history so its easy to cheat and make it SOUND like you KNOW everything . . . kenshin . . .

Final fantasy i assume?

Yeah -well I can't say that you're wrong, its obviously been influenced by that(e.g. stereotypical geek)

I actually can't remember how I came up with this username. It was on impulse. I wanted help with some science stuff and I just registered.

The most valid reason is probably, taken at face value, that I have a fascination for clouds. Anyone who says 'a perfect summer day with not a cloud in sight' is an idiot. The sky would really be boring without some clouds.

My one is quite hard - I'll be surprised if anyone figures out what kind of person I am - but then again you can look at my post history so its easy to cheat and make it SOUND like you KNOW everything . . . kenshin[/i'] . . .

Cloud,although you are right,but,who will read 100+,forget 100+ even 30+ posts just to make a few predictions.Moreover,no one here is trying to claim or even say that he/she knows everything.This thread has been put as an experiment to check if these usernames and avatars can give some useful info about someone's personality.So,using any resource like profile etc. which gives no direct info of the subject and trying to predict those traits which are not mentioned is the sole purpose of this thread.I would like more people to participate not just as subjects but also as phsycologists.This will also help us know what a common man(without any formal training) can tell about others from given data.So,may be it's time that people should stop saying "anyone try me" and say "let me try it".

formal training) can tell about others from given data.So,may be it's time that people should stop saying "anyone try me" and say "let me try it".

he - yeah, I was expecting the average member to predict mine. Seems that not a lot of ideas can be deduced from the word "Cloud."

I've had no formal psychological training - I'm just a maths/tech buff. here goes: Judging purely from your avatar and username -

I'd say you're in your late teens, early twenties.

You're quite thoughtful, intelligent but average when it comes to science/maths

I'm guessing you're an asian and you like the whole anime/manga scene

You're probably good at art and drawing

I would say that there is something troubling you

You're kind of laid back but you're not a quiet person

You come across to people as "cool"

you know where you're going in life - you don't need anyone to tell you

Anyway - those are the totally random thoughts that came into my mind whilst looking at your avatar and username. As you can see, its pretty vague and could apply to anyone. Most of it coming from the visual stimulus of your avatar. Obviously with mine there is barely anything to go on. So this experiment is proving to be unsuccessful???

btw- Did I get anything right?

That's why I needed more data.

And reor' date='here is one for you(I feel like a tarot card reader,sometimes,others should also give it a shot;) )

It is not supposed to be right:-p ,but still.........

Always careful and cautious(instinct wise).well not always,but sometimes and,there is no pattern in it.But a few thing always put you now a high.(like a few mentioned below)

You fear(I wanted to use some other word,but can't think of one now) that someone might be able to manipulate(or change) you and you try to avoid that at all costs

You like people who put themselves clearly and precisely

you try to be immune to any external influence in any way until unless you can digest it after proper scrutiny and you feel right about it.

you can feel sorry for others...understanding,"deep thinking",

you are always bubbling with new ideas,like to challenge the existing believes

You have above average foresight and good grasping

You have above average maturity level.

you Want to have a balanced and controlled life

you have a good observation.

you are too logical,mostly uses brain to decide matters rather then heart.

you are very ambitious

attitude

skeptic[/quote']

Neat! I almost feel like sending you money! :D (Was a bit too appeasing, though.)

EDIT:

I second Cloud's post and would like to add the following:

You have great visions.

People are for you like houses made of glass (LOL), but sometimes it's dim glass.

You understand people's problems and suffer from the chaos/inefficiency (?) in the world.

EDIT:

Now Cloud:

You like to keep some distance to others.

You are mysterious. Or you like others to think you are.

You like maths, but you are just better average.

You are an artist. You are creative and you like crystals and other "beautiful" stuff. (Just like me! :))

You don't like ignorant people.

You like to get to the point.

Sorry, that's all, folks!

I'd say you're in your late teens' date=' early twenties.[/quote']

You're quite thoughtful, intelligent but average when it comes to science/maths

My favourite subject is physics and I am not bad at maths.(I am not good at maths as I don't see myself as mathematician but I generally score highest in maths(and physics)).Thoughtful....that's what many others also say.

I'm guessing you're an asian and you like the whole anime/manga scene

True

You're probably good at art and drawing

This is the only subject in which I barely manage to pass and this is so since the time this subject was introduced to me.

I would say that there is something troubling you

There is always something troubling for someone at sometime,but yes you are right.

You're kind of laid back but you're not a quiet person

True.I think this is the one directly coming from the avatar chosen.But,I am not too laid back.

You come across to people as "cool"

Gotta be Kidding.Most people DON'T even understand my jokes.

you know where you're going in life - you don't need anyone to tell you

Maybe yes

Anyway - those are the totally random thoughts that came into my mind whilst looking at your avatar and username.

That's how I do it :)

(someone please tell me why is it appearing in small case here as they are in uppercase when I type)You have great visions.[/quote ]

That's what my teachers say.(I think this comes from my post.Right?)

People are for you like houses made of glass (LOL), but sometimes it's dim glass. [/quote ]

Dark glass is more appropriate.

You understand people's problems and suffer from the chaos/inefficiency (?) in the world. [/quote ]

True

EDIT:

Now Cloud:

You like to keep some distance to others.

You are mysterious. Or you like others to think you are.

You like maths, but you are just better average.

You are an artist. You are creative and you like crystals and other "beautiful" stuff. (Just like me! :))

You don't like ignorant people.

You like to get to the point.

Sorry, that's all, folks!

I also thought on the same lines,but,it just doesn't feel right enough to me.Something's a miss.

I'd like to give it a try-to guess your personalities and stuff. But I suck at guessing people's personality through avatars and names. It's a completely different story when I see the person, though. So that's that. I'll leave the guessing to you. :D

After reading the last few posts, I've had a thought. Perhaps the predictive power of determining someone's personality is not as great as it seems, because, the nature of such is quite subjective and open to interpretation. There are a lot of things we can be, we have a lot of different emotions and feelings(soemtimes conflicting). For example an avatar is may exemplify the feelings, or just a small portion of a person at a specific time(when the avatar was attached more accurately), but these, like all other emotions and feelings, will change over time as well. In light of this however, I think that everyone who has made predictions so far(especially kenshin), has appeared quite impressive with their predictions. I suppose what I'm getting at is, that despite the fact we can predict a lot of things with the info provided, we can only produce a limited picture out of the great plethora that makes up our personalities.

I think with a better vocabulary, I could have explained that a lot more clearly... anyway, this is a very interesting thread, keep it up!;)

After reading the last few posts' date=' I've had a thought. Perhaps the predictive power of determining someone's personality is not as great as it seems, because, the nature of such is quite subjective and open to interpretation. There are a lot of things we can be, we have a lot of different emotions and feelings(soemtimes conflicting). For example an avatar is may exemplify the feelings, or just a small portion of a person at a specific time(when the avatar was attached more accurately), but these, like all other emotions and feelings, will change over time as well. I suppose what I'm getting at is, that despite the fact we can predict a lot of things with the info provided, we can only produce a limited picture out of the great plethora that makes up our personalities.

[/quote']

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

[b']YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT[/b]

I agree. In fact, there was a huge study done to prove that. If I find a link I'll post it.

You'd have to know a little bit about reptiles, amphibians, and cryptozoology to know what I'm into by looking at my avatar and username.

I agree. In fact' date=' there was a huge study done to prove that. If I find a link I'll post it.

You'd have to know a little bit about reptiles, amphibians, and cryptozoology to know what I'm into by looking at my avatar and username.[/quote']

Is it nassie?(hope this is how it is spelled)

never seen loch ness look like that. come to think of it, i've never seen a loch in scotland where the water was that shade of blue, usually a steel grey sort of colour

Thanks for the info.:)