Independence Day

Lion King :)

October Sky

and also:

Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Jaws

Men in Black

Jurassic Park (all three are awesome, but I especially like the second one)

Twister

War of the Worlds

Holes

Ice Age :P

Scary Movie 3 (still laughing :D )

Rocketman

Croc Hunter Movie

The Exorcism of Emily Rose :eek:

and many more...

Roughly my top 5 as of today (In order)

1) Truman show (Best film ever)

2) Terminator 2 (Best Sci-fi action ever)

3) Collateral (Best tom cruise as a baddie ever)

4) Aliens ( Best scary E.T. movie ever)

5) Last action hero (Just fun)

In the sixth book? Insanely evil.

I think Dumbledore made him promise do ... that thing in the sixth book .... instead of breaking the unbreakable vow. When Dumbledore was pleading at the end, I think it was not to .... keep Snape from doing that thing.... but for Snape to do ... that thing.

Heh, trying not to be too much of a spoiler.

I disagree... I think Dumbledore wanted snape to off him... he'd rather be dead than have Snape blow his cover.

Yeppers. See below for spoiler info:

There is a scene earlier where Hagrid overhears Snape talking with Dumbledore and Snape is trying to get out of a commitment he made. Dumbledore says, essentially, "you agreed to it, you have to do it." They are probably talking about Snape's unbreakable vow.

• 1 month later...

OMG! Its turned into a HP discussion! Yipee!:)

In case you hadn't noticed I'm a huge fan and I think as there is so much evidence pointing towards it, Dumbledore wanted Snape to do the "thing" and snape didn't want to. That's what they were arguing about (see excerpt above). Anyways I don't think we're allowed to be so off topic, so call it shameless self promotion if you will, but you can carry on these discussion on my site forums here. :D

1. Joe Versus the Volcano - So many people are embarrassed to be connected to this movie, but it is absolutely brilliant. There's a cutesy surface story, but running parallel is a deeper, some would say Existentialist, story about self awakening.

2. The Red Violin - Outstanding all around, but better if you understand the emotional bond between a musician and their instrument(s).

3. A River Runs Through it - The movie is as good as the book, although the book does have more details.

4. Cyrano D'Bergerac (with Gérard Depardieu) - Funny, exciting, touching, great production quality...what more can you ask for?

5. Ikiru - A japanese film about a dying civil servant wanting to accomplish something in his short time left.

Oh, goody!

Oldboy (if you haven’t seen this awesome movie, do it. do it now.

Dae-su Oh: [after a very messy beating] Anyone here with an AB blood type, raise your hand. )

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Shawshank Redemption

Batman Begins

Gladiator

Pulp Fiction

On a good day, Se7en

EDIT: I'm aware that's more than 5, I swear I don't have counting issues.

1) Fight Club - This movie sums up my philosophy perfectly. Given the chance I wouldn't change a thing about it.

2) Memento - One of the most original films I have seen. Very insightful into the workings of the mind, plus the best twist in any movie I have seen.

3) Pulp fiction - Classic Tarantino action.

4) The Big Lebowski - Hilarious film. I can watch it again and again and I know it will be good.

5) Apocalypse Now - Epic film. Realy showed the madness of the whole war.

6) Sin City - Great storylines + the most stylish movie ever.

7) Gladiator - Brilliant fight scenes, great storyline, and an accurate portrayal of ancient Rome.

8) Blade Runner - One of the best sci-fi movies ever.

9) The Matrix - Although it 'borrowed' a whole lot of ideas, I've must have watched it more times than any other film.

10) Rat race - Nothing has ever made me laugh as hard as the sequence with the Jewish family in Hitler's car.

1) Fight Club - This movie sums up my philosophy perfectly. Given the chance I wouldn't change a thing about it.

when I watched this film I personally felt like it was one long advert. It just didn't appeal to me. The guy was a figment of his imagination . . . I just didn't understand or probably I didn;y want to understand because it doesn't appeal. I personally think its over hyped and over rated. But thats just my opinion. I'm obviously in the minority.

My favouite film of all time is the truman show. I don't think that will ever change. The film is flawless. The 'philosophy' as you say is perfect and I don't want to make a whole film review about it. Its just a blend of everything, satire, romance, artform, religion, action, tragedy fear. I just think this film will never be beaten.

1)Fear and Loathing

2)Requiem for a Dream

3)Boondock Saints

4)Escape from LA

5)Bruce Lee (all of them, except Game of Death, since that was only partly him)

Others:

Sin City, Drunken Master (Jackie Chan), Rocky, Bourne Identity, The Negotiator, Platoon.

I am sure there are more.