Plasma

donmatos

hi, i was wondering what you know about plasma just to see if it could help me :)

Well, plasma is just normal gas that has been ionized, had some of its electrons removed. The ionization can be done by by heat or electricity.

Other than that I am not shure exacly what information you are looking for - can you be a bit more specific?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

That sounds rather dangerous, although I'm no expert.

I once quite badly burnt myself with one of those glass plasma balls.. I layed the metal cone from the top of my lava lamp on the glass sphere, and then moved me finger to within a milimeter or so of the top of the cone while it was switched on. This caused a bright spark to jump from the cone to my finger, resulting in a yellow, painful burn.

Since that day I've been rather wary of such devices, (especially home-made ones).

That sounds rather dangerous' date=' although I'm no expert.

I once quite badly burnt myself with one of those glass plasma balls.. I layed the metal cone from the top of my lava lamp on the glass sphere, and then moved me finger to within a milimeter or so of the top of the cone while it was switched on. This caused a bright spark to jump from the cone to my finger, resulting in a yellow, painful burn.

Since that day I've been rather wary of such devices, (especially home-made ones).[/quote']

Yes I used the same principal to make a plasma paper cutter when I was bored :D

Anyway I don't know how I did not get an E-mail for this reply but I agree with Organism, this should not be tried unless you know what you are doing. Electric kills!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones