How many Universes do we have?

Nacelunk

Here is the question - How/why/when has Universe appeared? The only thing i can think about is that It has appeared from The Nothing :) You will say that was all about the singularity but from what, then, the singularity appeared? If our Universe appeared from nothing (and without a purpose/reason), then I can say that there are infinite number of "Universes" (in our perspective) appear every "moment" with totally different laws of nature, logic, constants etc which we are never gonna understand, because we weren't born there and having different brain. Very probably that all the universes aren't interconnected so technically we can say they all don't exist (in our perspective) therefore we don't exist for some other civilization in another "universe".

What do you think about it?

PS Sorry for my english - I am only 1.5 years in Canada

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'beginning' is the 'act or process of bringing or being brought into being' which fundimentally requires the concept of time, yet time is part of the universe and didnt exist 'before'. as there was no 'before' as this is defined as 'earlier in time'.

According to my understanding of string theory, universes pop into existance all the time, so our current universe was made from the string "material" that allready existed. A better question would be where did the strings come from...

^^ supposedly the collision between membrane strings might have created the universe as we see it and we're in one of the membranes.

But ofcourse all this is untestable. Rather there is no evidence that we can detect anything from before the 'big bang'.

I have one more question - why is the Universe so harmonic? I mean why isn't it just a bunch of molecules located in regular intervals without any аttributes of life? That singular point must have had perfectly definite "push" to have, in result, our universe even with possible existing of life

I have one more question - why is the Universe so harmonic? I mean why isn't it just a bunch of molecules located in regular intervals without any аttributes of life? That singular point must have had perfectly definite "push" to have, in result, our universe even with possible existing of life

When the universe was much, much smaller, and much, much denser, random movements of molecules (which always are occurring) caused some segments to be a bit more dense then others. Once the universe expanded, that effect grew, and the universe became "clumpy" as gravity pulled these areas together even more.

From those little dense areas in the gas at the start of the universe. The dense areas had more gravity, so they pulled more matter towards them, which caused them to have more gravity, and so on. Eventually (over millions/billions of years) the clumps got big enough that they formed planets and galaxies.

I should point out that I'm a bit out of my area here; I'd like a physics expert to take over, please. All I know is what I read in The Elegant Universe.

If you know something about chemistry - why are there so many elements in the World? (why isn't there just one element? (in periodic table))

once upon a time, there WAS only one element, Hydrogen.

and as Xyph said, the reaction in Stars creates others.

once upon a time' date=' there WAS only one element, Hydrogen.

and as Xyph said, the reaction in Stars creates others.[/quote']

I believe when the first atoms were formed after the Big Band helium was formed along side hydrogen. There was just more hydrogen.