Where to study - US vs Canada?

Nacelunk

I am in grade 10 now. I am gonna get a Canadian citizenship as soon as I graduate from school. After that I will either go to an US university (I am thinking about Arizona) or a Canadian one. But I doubt that everything is gonna be OK in the first case, because I wouldn't be an USA citizen, would I?:confused: Besides I am finishing a Canadian High School, not an american one. I also want to know which education is better. And how much will it cost to study in american university for "4 to maximum" years in science degree([theoretical]physics, astronomy, astrophysics, chemistry etc.) What are the High-school requirements to enroll in these university courses?

I go to university in the US but I looked at Canadian schools (I am American). The quality if the education all depends on the school you choose. I looked at McGill and University of Toronto, both of which are very good schools. I also know that U of Waterloo is a very good school. As a candian citizen it will be much cheaper for you to go to school in Canada. I go to Drexel University which is a private university and it's tuition is around $25,000 a year. Even going to a state school as a non-resident will be expensive, anywhere from 10 to $20,000 a year. There are opportunities to get scholarships, I'm not sure whether they will be easier to get at a private or state school since you aren't a resident. Bottom line, the quality of education depends completely on the school, but it will be cheaper for you to go to school in Canada.

I was thinking about going to school in Canada too (I was born with dual citizenship) but I didn't really want to move so far from my immediate family. Otherwise, I would've applied to U of T McGill, probably Waterloo as well.

So, you're saying that education is much cheaper if you are a citizen? (or resident?)

I really don't understand where young people get such a bunch of money to pay for education. Do you know any good opportunities to get the money for that? Also I heard about some "student loan". Can you tell me about it more?

What about the requirements?

So' date=' you're saying that education is much cheaper if you are a citizen? (or resident?)

I really don't understand where young people get such a bunch of money to pay for education. Do you know any good opportunities to get the money for that. Also I heard about some "student loan". Can you tell me about it more?

What about the requirements?[/quote']

There are no specific requirements. It's a low interest loan for tuition that you pay off when you leave college and start working. I'd say avoid taking out a student load unless its the only way you can pay for college. Also, try and get as much scholarship money as you can. And go to a public university. Before my scholarship, I'm paying 5 grand a year. A lot cheaper then most other colleges.

There are no specific requirements.

I meant requirements to get science courses.

What about the scholarship money? How do I get them?

And go to a public university.

Are public universities much worse than private ones?

I meant requirements to get science courses.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean... you apply to a university and if you get in, you sign up for courses that are appropriate for you major.

What about the scholarship money? How do I get them?

There are lots of different types of scholarships. Some may be given out by your university other by private company. Each scholarship will have a slightly different standard of judging because they may award money for different things, like based on financial need, GPA, an essay, etc.

To find scholarships online, go here: www.fastweb.com

Are public universities much worse than private ones?

Not necesarily. Public means that the university is supported by public taxes, but there are certainly public universities that are better then private ones. Most of the top universities are indeed private.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean...

For example I graduate high school with average of 50-60 % in physics, mathematics etc. (or don't finish at all). Would I be able to apply for university? Also, are there any tests or quizzes before you go to Univ?

• 4 weeks later...

Although I hate the U.S., I still like the diversity that makes this country strong. Yet the diversity can destroy people when it comes to bioethical issues.

I believe if I had my choice, I would not study in North America.

are there any tests or quizzes before you go to Univ?

I think there is one math contest you have to right at least twice if you want to apply to a university.... that I forgot the name of ( not very help full, eh?). In Ontario, you do not need to take a test to enter university, as far as i know of anyways. I think in the US you need to take SAT

For example I graduate high school with average of 50-60 % in physics, mathematics etc. (or don't finish at all). Would I be able to apply for university?

You can apply... but unless you get your grades up, you'll probably only be able to get into a community college, or perhaps a 2 year technical university.

Also, are there any tests or quizzes before you go to Univ?

Most unis have math and/or english placement tests, so you know what level of math and english you should start with.