Awakenings

Whose seen the movie based on the work of Oliver Sacks? Really neat stuff, i know their problem (something to do with encephilitis and a form of parkinsons) is different from other ones with similar appearance (such as Catatonia), but couldn't the same or some type of drug awaken these patients as well? What is Catatonia caused by? Its a a psychological sickness, nothing physically wrong usually right? Well yeah the brain is a physical organ, but which of its functions cant be altered by certain chemicals? My only guess why a drug wouldn't work is if it would kill them for some reason because they don't know how to activate it precisely or something.

Another question to do with the brain--- the brain runs off of certain chemicals beside oxygen and water--- these chemicals come from food--- so is it possible that some people could have or develop a neurological illness if they had a lack of the certain enzymes that process the chemicals important to brain function?

Thats interesting

Is that to do with lack of the nutrient, or lack of ability to digest the nutrient? Are there cases of people being naturally unable to use the nutrients they for brain function---- of coarse there are such cases for nutrients affecting other functions, i think it would be interesting to find that a problem in the head is caused by a problem in the stomach (not that their diet is missing nutrients, but they are unable to utilize certain nutrients).