A viewpoint.

kenshin

First of all I am not claiming that I have a new theory or something.What I am just saying is that I have another viewpoint of looking at the things which will follow.Before that,I request you all that if you read the post please leave a reply,may be a comment,a flaw that you find,some criticism,if you want you can put that I am a jerk but please discuss and guide.So here goes.

When I first learnt that G relativity puts gravity as space-time geometry then my response was that other forces must also be space-time geometry as nature can't be biased to one force.That was just an intuition.No other reason for believing that.Then I came to know about kaluza-klain theory and representation of forces as geometry of higher dimensions.

Now,what I feel is that if forces are space-time geometry,and force-fields contain energy then energy must also be space-time geometry.You may now say that energy is what causes space-time curvature,but what I say is that what if it's other way round?What if space-time curvature is energy as to me space-time is more fundamental than any thing else.

I am not saying that whatever I have said is right,I am just saying that we should at least once look at the whole picture that way.

Now if energy and mass are inter convertible,then,it can be said that mass is also just space-time geometry.These wrinkles in space-time are the soul reason of existence of forces,energy,matter and dark-matter.

So gist of the story is that I think that every thing in this universe is nothing more than space-time geometry.

Analysis and criticism of the above are highly requested.Please discuss and guide.

I've always looked everything as being different forms of energy. I haven't been able to do it but if you could define anything as an energy distribution than you could, in my opinion atleast, bring it all together.

The problem I have is that although this seems like an easy way to unify everything it doesn't seem to be very applicable.

You could say that the space-time continuum is energy, sort of. Some scientists think there is a "Higgs field" that permeates all space and causes particles to have mass and inertia, and the Higgs field has a nonzero amount of energy. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.

I don't think I know enough aboput the Physics involved here to make justifyably relevant comment on it, but I have to say the idea is an intriguing one. I definitely think some physics experts should have a look at it. I know that current string theories do build on the extra dimensions and concepts 1st introduced in the kaluza kelin theory, after briefly looking this up.

[math]F = -\bigtriangledown U[/math'], so yes, you could probably look at energy geometrically.

That's the whole idea.But not just energy,may be every thing could be explained as space-time geometry.Thanks for reply.:)

I like your thinking. This is the gift to us from Einstein. A theorist in pure geometry is as happy as a pig in compost. I depict photons with a "cotton-candy" charge sheath. Which comes first? This is not a useful meditation here! It is all a circle of phenomenology. This becomes clear when you hang out long enough with one system: there is a circle to be completed but it does not matter much where you enter this circle.