Something i'd like to share with you all.

Kermit

Kermit I think you know damn well what is goin' down. You deserve better and seem to be caught. I gave a good math teacher in 7th grade, a hard time because I was bored. He called me after class once, and said, "Albers I hate your guts." Wow, never had heard that before from an adult. After a bit of time, he gave me the quadratic equation to factor, having finally figured out I was at that level. No more problem. National Merit Scholar, Princeton, Stanford, papers at: http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/physics/na on electron and photon structure. TRUST YOURSELF.

those words are for Of Mice and Men' date=' a book i've read several times already.

This class is incredibly boring and unstimulating to the point that my grades for it are just dropping.

Do I deserve this? Does anyone deserve this? Share your opinions with me.[/quote']

Sure the education system sucks. Its sucked for decades. What institution doesn't at some level? Stop whining and write a college-level analysis of the book. Learn to spell the vocab list backwards. You are responsible for your grade point average...no matter how boring everything is. You are responsible for the depth and breadth of your education. You are responsible to inspire yourself. You are responsible for training your mind. You are responsible to do the very best you can. If you take responsibilty you can't blame anyone else, and you're not that smart if you don't. So you're smarter than others...why hold that against them? Why look down on them? Its a gift...feel lucky you have it. Use it. /rant :D

Pink Trike is right, if your teacher asks for a page on Of Mice and Men, then write seven. There is so much to write about, I'd recomend doing some research into how the book was originally recived, I bet your teacher hadn't told you that it was banned in the early nineties so why don't you impress them by writing about why it was?

At VI form (equiv. college?), we don't worry about vocabulary because 1) practically everything we hand in is word processed and 2) it's recognised that there is so much more interesting stuff to go into. But I don't see the harm in learning a few words, maybe you should learn a few more. Go to dictionary.com's word of the week and try to apply it, the greater your vocabulary the more facisinating read you can create when you write essays.

Know how you feel, i chose 2 unit Studies of Religion for a challenge, (im in my 11th year, prelim HSC) today we had a double lesson, we coloured in stuff to hang up on the wall, i dont mind being creative with colour, it was monday morning anyway and i didnt actualy care, what annoyed me that she wanted it done strictly conforming to a cirtain style.

Edit: i was sure to tell my friend while the teacher was in earshot (with a sarcastic note) how i feel that the activity we were at the time completing was fufiling and mentaly stimulating.

it doesnt help that she doesnt like me due to me refusing to do a peice of homework on grounds of respect for the dalai lama

Great points, people.

Tomorrow, as a supposed assignment, we all have to write 5 simple questions about Of Mice and Men that we're going to ask eachother in class.

I'll write them all in English they don't understand, use synonyms a lot, and make them insanely hard. All in the name of sadism.

Think further. I am on this site partly to present what might indeed be new ideas, a challenge to our quantum vacuum theory. I am not getting great dialogue yet, but neither am I being trashed. Go look on Advanced Physics Forum in the Speculative section and satisfy your soul, dude. Xerxes gave me intolerable attitude, and speaking for myself and for DIRAC, this is not gonna stand. I have come to talk physics and like encountering drunks in a bar, I sidestep and go elsewhere, unless something quite important is being trashed. I have never spoken like I just spoke there, and I am quite content. Physics, folks!! My point to you is to let go the sadism.. You will simply leave them chewing dust by expositing in the most beautiful manner you can. Dance in the larger house that they don't yet know, in your mind, and hang out in places like this to cultivate what you need, friends. We are our own cultivators, and at best, each other's. Hold up your dream catcher and find the metaphors they will understand but find shocking. Electrons are only crystals of light.

oh i dont know. the task was to script a conversation with the Dalai Lama. i refused not too, i mean its the same as scripting a conversation with god or publishing a picture of your opinion or interpretation of the islamic phrophet. i didnt do nothing at all. i did read through interview transcripts instead. and regardless of respect issues, insecurities or whatever it was that caused me not to do that activity (i am not 90% sure why i didnt do it) i think i learnt more from studying what he had actualy said that what i thought he would say.