Free domain names and free web hosting

herme3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sry to resurrect his board, but i have a question relating to the OP. I signed up for microsoft office live and have my domain and stuff, but they use these stupid templates on all their sites you make. I just want to code HTML... is it not possible to do this? theres no easy way to do this that i have found.

Indeed I highlighted a similar risk earlier on ;)

Would it be a good guess Herme3 that you're Josh Abbott? The reason I ask is if not then ms is being mean :s

Yes' date=' that is a disadvantage to this free hosting. They don't use the whois masking that I have on my other domains registered with GoDaddy. I didn't think they would. That's why I gave Microsoft a fake phone number.

I just want to code HTML... is it not possible to do this? theres no easy way to do this that i have found.

You will have to use a template on your index page. However, you can upload HTML files to the "documents" folder. Then you can make links to the files in the documents folder.

That's a bit of a kludge.

That's "the Microsoft Way" :P

I'm not a big fan of this restictive hosting type thing. I'd much rather pay a small amount for some semi-decent hosting and a domain than be restricted to using somebody else's templates.

could you maybe explain this to me? sorry if it is simple, but i dont understand what you are saying.

I'm sure you will understand when you get your account. Your web site will have two folders created. One is for images, and the other is for any type of file. If you have an HTML file called "page1.html" you can copy it to the folder that is named "Documents". Then you will be able to load the page from http://(yourdomain).com/documents/page1.html