What if God died?

The Peon

@padren

Thank you very much. this very contribute me.

I have to make preparation , this knowledge(after/before life) is correct are not, about how can this strange knowledge are ablo to be understand., :)

I am too have Hard Time " Why I have to faith on God that I never see God with my very own eyes...

(psst..this is secret, dont tell anyone..)

• 2 weeks later...

I am too have Hard Time " Why I have to faith on God that I never see God with my very own eyes...

(psst..this is secret' date=' dont tell anyone..)[/quote']

Doesn't Gabrial supposedly tell Mohammad that no man has ever directly communicated with "Truth"?

aguy2

God must exist outside of the Universe (in order to have created the Universe to begin with).

Things that exist outside of the Universe are not able to affect what happens inside the Universe (simply because they are outside of the Universe and not subject to it's laws' date=' nor can these things that exist outside the Universe have any effect on those laws [b']inside[/b] the Universe).

Therefore, God is not able affect what happens inside the Universe (because God exists outside of the Universe).

Not if God invokes the deep magic to die for a betrayer on the stone table. Then he'll be able to kick the witch's pale butt all over Narnia.

Seriously, why wouldn't a creator want to participate to some extent in his creation? He went to all the trouble of creating the thing, he might as well have some fun too. He'd want to either enter his creation, have it come to his realm or at least be able to watch.

OTOH, why would we think we can assess the motivations of such a being?

You could also ask, "Why am I assuming he's omnipotent?" This will naturally be followed by, "Is he omnipotent?" At this point those silly paradoxes might well come to mind, after which, depending on your disposition, you might either a)decide those very questions imply "omnipotence" is an impossibility, b)decide these things appear to be utterly unknowable, and you should stop worrying about them, c)decide that you want to assume he's omnipotent, and that no absurdity is so great that it can't be overcome by an even greater rationalization (god's powerful enough to be a logical impossibility if he wants), or d)decide to drink heavily. Each of these choices has its merits, so take your pick.

This pretty much sums up my view. My choice is to accept that I can't know for now and hope that technology someday augments my intelligence on an exponential basis.

It's still fun to speculate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This got me to thinking... I remember reading once about super string, how they say its actually possible to "create" a new universe in your basement by appying M-theory, which would be totally harmless to our universe as it would occupy its own space and time. Well, what if God was some scientist in another universe and he created our universe, then grew old and died. LOL Well, I guess the title would be true than ;) Of course I dont believe any of that nonsense im just speaking in worthless speculation.

Possible, in my opinion, but EXTREAMLY unlikely... that could explain the 'big bang', a scientific singularity under the current system. Personally, I would just make a few "bags of holding" and sell them for exorbinant prices:D

• 3 weeks later...

It was '66 or '67, when the front cover of TIME magazine announced GOD IS DEAD, in those words, covering the entire front page.

Of course the feature article was on theology and contingencies. The idea of a personal God that looks after some and rejects others (for ambiguous reasons in either case) is a cruel hoax on anyone desperate enough to put their 'faith' in it. There may be a God, and there may be a hereafter, where there is justice, whereas, unless all victims are to be held responsible for their victimization - 'Or else God would have prevented the victimization - the victimized person must have had it coming and God was meting out 'payback'... That mentality is commonplace... Unless 'god' is responsible for all of what happens in this realm (THE SAVAGE GOD), there ain't no such God, which is different from saying 'God Is Dead' - it's more like he, she or it isn't merged with by or within a mortal form, and the generalized religious concept of God is bonkers.

There is no guarantee of justice or mercy in the mortal realm, obviously.

This realm is indeed 'the devil's playground'.

Justice and mercy does happen here, but it's the exception rather than the rule. What's happening here is not 'God's Plan' - if you believe it is, you deserve to be subordinate to a policy of intimidation, limitless cruelty and injustice as it is the dominant paradigm rising far above those who are faithfully stopped to smell the flowers and counting their blessings in the midst of what does indeed appear to be the last days - brought by mankind upon mankind, not by God upon mankind.

Moral: Don't blame past present and future holocausts on 'God'. Try the Hollywood entertainment industry and it's mega death speaking, industrial 'sponsors', you know, the CEO captains of industry that own congress, the senate and the so called White House. The petroleum industry. The weapons industry. All of those who profit from mass chaos, confusion and suffering, and all of those who worship those dominant paradigms while making a policy of blaming it on the innocent public and/or 'God' (Seig!).