additive to cause endothermic reaction?

mrblond5311

Are there any edible substances (compounds?) that can be added to food to cause an endothermic reaction? Kind of like putting an ice cube in hot soup to cool it down but using a compound instead & getting more of an effect like an instant ice pack. I'm thinking it might depend on the food but I'm not sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I'm quite sure you'll have a very hard time finding a compound, which you can safely eat and which on the other hand has the cooling effect you want. If I were you, I would stick to the good old ice cubes :).

I'm quite sure you'll have a very hard time finding a compound, which you can safely eat and which on the other hand has the cooling effect you want. If I were you, I would stick to the good old ice cubes :).

Ok what if I could add something that would raise the freezing point. I think table salt does this but I'd like to stay away from that.

Ok what if I could add something that would raise the freezing point. I think table salt does this but I'd like to stay away from that.

Salt will not help.

Apparently the best thing to drink is actually something hot beause you body reacts to the heat to mkae you sweat and thereby making you cooler. Drinking something cold your body reacts in the opposite and it divers heat into th body making you hotter.

Other then that its probabbly a bad idea to drink stuff.... liquid nitrogen would cool you down but you would be quite dead ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones