Tea Popsicle

Silencer

One day this week I made some tea and put sugar in it. However, it was really hot and I was in a hurry so I put it in the freezer to cool it off a little.

Well, I forgot about my tea and found a tea popsicle in my freezer, complete with a spoon handle.

Well, it tasted pretty good, except that the top (part closest to the handle of the spoon) was really sweet. I was wondering what happened to the solution as it cooled. Did the sugar all rise to the top and start to crystalize as the solution cooled? Also, when I managed to get it out of the mug it almost immediately began dripping. It was sort of like the tea was draining from from the ice.

So I'm just curius as to what happens when you freeze solutions. It might be nice to make a tea popsicle that is evenly sweetened throughout if possible.

The higher the temperature of water, the more sugar you can dissolve in it. Perhaps as the temp of the tea cooled, sugar started to (what's the opposite of dissolve?) and the sugar got carried up to the top of the cup along with the ice as the cold water rose to the surface when it solidified?

I know what I mean. My brain is too sleepy to articulate proplerly.

Maybe the chemicals in the tea, that make it "tea" have a lower freezing point that water, so although the water was ice, the tea was still liquid...?

well white is supposed to be served chilled and red at room temp for a very good reason. rosa should be served slightly chilled but i'm not sure if there is a proper temp cos i don't drink rosa too often. i usually drink white or red with preference on the red.