oprah

ydoaPs

monday, oprah is sending a camera crew to my school. apparently we are representative of the midwest. she is doing a show about drop out rates or something. Time magazine sent a reporter today.

Oprah... I hate her because she's just the paris hilton of the more classy world of mindnumbing boredom. Why is she famous? Because she's famous of course. Or maybe it's for her magical ability to drastically shift in mass several times in the span it takes michael jackson's face to change once.

Oprah, Martha Stewart, others like them; it's clear that they're all part of a conspiracy to turn the housewives of America into something unlike anything we've ever seen before, hybrids of good baking, dull literary preferences and the illusion of elegance shining through a blubber-padded exostructure.

Oprah had a good show when she first came out. She admitted she had a drug problem (either coke or crack) on the show. Now a whole show may be about her shoe closet. I don't watch it, but a little while back Christopher Darden (from OJ trail) was on the show, pretty interesting.

I give her respect for the Angel Network.

PS Hopefully she's not reading this. She may shut the forum down with a bad recommendation like she did beef in Texas.

Oprah... I hate her because she's just the paris hilton of the more classy world of mindnumbing boredom. Why is she famous? Because she's famous of course. Or maybe it's for her magical ability to drastically shift in mass several times in the span it takes michael jackson's face to change once.

Oprah' date=' Martha Stewart, others like them; it's clear that they're all part of a conspiracy to turn the housewives of America into something unlike anything we've ever seen before, hybrids of good baking, dull literary preferences and the illusion of elegance shining through a blubber-padded exostructure.[/quote']

I probably felt a little bit like you did until I watched her biography. That woman has been through hell and back and she never let it stop her. Still don't watch her show, but I have a lot more respect for her now.

I seem to remember the Oprah Winfrey show on British television It seems like a generation ago.

Still going in America, is she? Americans just love collecting old fossils. are you sure it is the original Oprah, or has she been cloned? Is it true she is running for President?

I probably felt a little bit like you did until I watched her biography. That woman has been through hell and back and she never let it stop her. Still don't watch her show, but I have a lot more respect for her now.
Interesting, I almost feel remorse. Almost.

• 1 month later...

I dislike oprah because i feel she's a vector for the transmission of endorsements. She'll have someone on the show claiming a new mode of thinking, or caring, or health guidelines. Then these impressionable women run and purchase these books. They read the books and follow the protocols in them for a few weeks then they stop. Then another book. Saw it happen with eating for your blood type and then something about your body, a guide. To illustrate more, Dr. Phil who was primarily on that show to advocate his tactics was on his show telling a compulsive shopper that in order to stop she had to just "stop". like, seriously, are you ****ing kidding me?

you simply MUST get an SFN T`Shirt made up' date=' and give it large for the old forums here!

big-it-up for the SFN Massive :)[/quote']

That's pretty funny... a similiar thing was said on IDF.