Free USB drives from Microsoft

Rakdos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this offered in Canada?

From my personal experience approximatley 99% of all companies that say they do not ship internationally, seem to be under the impression that Canada is just another state or something like Hawaii.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah... and I still haven't got mine! I ordered it about 6 weeks ago and it says allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, so it better be here soon! Although I did just buy a new 1GB USB drive, for £15 (incl. P&P or ~$30).

This USB needs to contain a small few documents from MS, it could be like a 32MB drive or something :(

How small does Linux come?

It's a good idea that if we cant format it on Windows we should try on Linux.

Note it is possible to make USB keys read-only.

yea i need a newer usb stick since mine only holds like...what...256megs? and that isnt even a lot...and its not even a full 256megs either as usual -.-

as of now, all i care about is the fact that i need more ram...xP lol im runnin on like 128 here...ugh sucks so much...haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got this email from microsoft:

To: rkurtz57@msn.com

Subject: The mystery of the missing USB drive

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.

Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.

OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Corporation

*Internet connect time charges may apply. Offer available through June 30, 2006.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Well thanks for posting that.

I had kinda given up hope.

I can only conclude that MS and "free/cheap/good value" do not go together in any sense...

Worth a try I spose. But if they even start to send me spam now...

Well thanks for posting that.

I had kinda given up hope.

I can only conclude that MS and "free/cheap/good value" do not go together in any sense...

Worth a try I spose. But if they even start to send me spam now...

no prob... I was wondering if anybody else got a similar email.

But anyway, I rather doubt that they ever planned to send out free USB's. Considering they gave a link where you can download all the info that would have been on the drive anyway.

Is it just me, or is accepting a free USB of software from Microsoft like accepting a freebie from a hooker with a face full of herpes sores?

Only if you in a place where prostitution is legal, and the prostitute has some sort of user/lisence agreements that she isn't responsible for any STD's transmitted.