The Ebola Virus

hello

ebola is a hemoragic (hope i spelled that right), hemo relating to blood. a main side effect of the virus is that it causes hemoraging (bleeding) in soft tissue. soft tissue includes your major organs. virus easily spread through out the blody in the circulator-blood system, and when it invades an organ quickly attacks it and internal bleeding begins. this is bad.

mr d

hello

why worry about a virus in africa? suggest watching a movie from a few years ago called 'outbreak' with dustin hoffman.

science is not quite right, but will give you a peek at why people are concerned whenever an 'outbreak' happens.

mr d

• 1 month later...

if u wanna learn about ebola, i suggest reading the book The Hot Zone...it tells u everything u need to kno about the ebola basically...and its effects and everything...its a GREAT book to read and i definitely recommend it to those with curious minds...

• 4 months later...
if u wanna learn about ebola, i suggest reading the book The Hot Zone[/u']...it tells u everything u need to kno about the ebola basically...and its effects and everything...its a GREAT book to read and i definitely recommend it to those with curious minds...

It was the scariest book I ever read in my life....

Bee

• 1 year later...

To quote the Wiki reference posted by cat.

Ebola hemorrhagic fever is potentially lethal and encompasses a range of symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea, general body pain, internal and external bleeding, and fever. Mortality rates are generally high, ranging from 50% - 90%, with the cause of death usually due to hypovolemic shock or organ failure.

It is also worth noting that the probable carrier is bats, and possibly the very common fruit bat. Outbreaks appear kind of 'out of the blue' with no warning. It may be due to a person killing a fruitbat for food, and getting bat blood in contact with an open wound. Once one person goes down, it is easily transmitted to others.

This makes it hard to control. As long as there are bats flying around, there will be Ebola.

• 4 months later...

I'm not entirely sure what organs it attacks, but if you want to a read a particularily disturbing and informative book on the subject, I can recommend 'The Hot Zone' by Richard Preston.

I read the book in 4th grade, and have been traumatized by it ever since.