Know any good schools?

dstebbins

oh really? Well, I guess I won't be accepted then. My GPA is 3.42 and I don't do any extracurricular activities because the only ones offered at my school are like FFA (Future Farmers of America). You see, I live in Arkansas, and most people here are deer-shooting, bass-fishing hillbillies who take the attitude toward learning of "If it ain't on a feed bag, I ain't gotta read it." That's why Arkansas has so poor educational records. It's not because we offer lackluster education. It's because students are too apathetic to seize that education.

Sorry for straying off topic, but I had a feeling someone would say "You live in Arkansas and your GPA is only 3.42? Sorry, dude, but you haven't got much chance of being an astronomer!"

I suggest applying to variety of good schools. There are internet searches, like at college board to help find schools that are good in particular fields. My school has a subscription to TCPI that has a good search function...

I suggest applying to variety of good schools. There are internet searches, like at college board to help find schools that are good in particular fields. My school has a subscription to TCPI that has a good search function...

I looked at College Board. I came here because the search found zero matches.

And I doubt SAT's average score is 1500/1600, because that is almost perfect, is it not?

I looked at College Board. I came here because the search found zero matches.

And I doubt SAT's average score is 1500/1600' date=' because that is almost perfect, is it not?[/quote']

What where you searching for. Bear in mind that astronomy isn't a normal term used for degrees, and astrophysics and cosmology are more popular (their definitions are more scientific than astronomy normally as well).

What where you searching for. Bear in mind that astronomy isn't a normal term used for degrees, and astrophysics and cosmology are more popular (their definitions are more scientific than astronomy normally as well).

astronomy was actually a list of choices in Physical Sciences when I went to college board.

Should I just attend a state public university like the University of Arkansas?