How many ways to send an email?

theorein

Let's say I have an hotmail email account. How many ways are there some one can send me a message to my inbox? (form etc)

Quite a few, this can be done from a server side script such as a PHP script, through a program such as VB using DOM methods to access elements of a page and fill them in dynamically... and the list goes on an on.

If there a specific one you are interested in?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Quite a few' date=' this can be done from a server side script such as a PHP script, through a program such as VB using DOM methods to access elements of a page and fill them in dynamically... and the list goes on an on.

If there a specific one you are interested in?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones[/quote']

Thanks. I am trying to compirle a complete list to try to come up with a anti-spam solution.

Thanks. I am trying to compirle a complete list to try to come up with a anti-spam solution.

Ah I see. In that case I think its probably best to say that there are almost an unlimited number of ways that E-mails can be sent...

How exactly were you planning ion implimenting something to stop spam that way?? (If you don't mind my asking)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Ah I see. In that case I think its probably best to say that there are almost an unlimited number of ways that E-mails can be sent...

How exactly were you planning ion implimenting something to stop spam that way?? (If you don't mind my asking)

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']

Hi! That will be impossible as there are unknown number of ways to send an email. My method will not stop people from sending bulk emails but it will simply help identify all spams and all spams will be automatically deleted.

The reason why spammers keep on sending spams are because they know some of them will get opened. If we implement my strategy, none of the spams will ever be opened.

The reason why spammers keep on sending spams are because they know some of them will get opened. If we implement my strategy' date=' none of the spams will ever be opened.[/quote']

Thats true! Well, I can think of quite a few ways to do this - any language that can access the internet can send an E-mail.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones