3 Phase electical power

Lure_Angler

Dear all,

Before I say anything, I would like to say that my understanding in 3 phase electrical power is superficial and that I would be using layman terms to explain my predicament. I hope all of you still can understand me.

I discovered that the power supply to my rented shop in Singapore is of 3 phase power. I also discovered that the electrical wiring is wired such that each of my power point becomes a single phase power point.

As such, I would like to ask, if it would work if I manually attach wires, such that I could have single phase powerpoints and a three phase power point, working at the same time, running concurrently. (I've got some 3 phase equipment that I would like to run)

Thank you all and God Bless.

Hi.

The 3 phase wires are named R, S, T. There is an additional wire named N for neutral. Depending on the electrical service you have, each phase can be 230V

Your triphasic equipment should be connected to the R, S and T wires.

Biphhasic equipment can be connected to R and S; or R and T; or S and T wires.

Monophasic equipment can be connected to R and N; or S and N; or T and N.

All can be run simoultaneously, but try to keep the current on all branches similar.

Get a voltmeter and probe all combinations of wires to know the voltages.

Miguel