black hole+bermuba triangle=?

tejaswini

hello

it is believed blackholes result from collasped stars, so unless a star existed off the coast of bermuda it would be difficult to form a black hole. you could suppose a unstable conjunction point for a tear in space-time fabric, or perhaps the area as connecting to some form of wormhole. but all tend to be highly unlikely. also as the meteor that struck earth some 65 million years ago struck and south west of there, but may have left nickle-iron fragments though out the area that could interfer with magnetic compus'.

actually more shipping has been lost in the great lakes area then in the bermuda triangle. but that is maninly weather related.

also the area has been a haven for pirates, and yes they do still exist, and drug smugglers, who have siezed ships and boats for their uses after murdering the rightful owners. ships are then taken to nearby beaches and small harbors to be repainted and named, thus making the ship/boat appear to have vanished.

mr d

HeHeHe - a black hole on Earth! That would be interesting, would then be easy to prove they exist atleast.

The nearest black hole is known to be about 1,600 light years from Earth (Source) so I really don't think there is one here on Earth... I think we'd have noticed :)

Also, I don't think there is anything special about the Bermuda Triangle other than some intense magnetic flux produced from the minerals in the sea bed...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I`m reliably informed that a Blackhole here on Earth is NOT all doom at all, and that a black hole has indeed been created at CERN and lasted a little over a femtosecond, afaik, we`re all still here and sucking air :)

But a black hole big enough not to immediately decay, say to last for a few seconds, would fall straight through the Earth, gaining mass by absorbing the immediately surrounding matter and thereby delaying its decay, and continuing back and forth through the center of the Earth like a pendulum, gaining mass until the planet is consumed. Of course, the earthquakes would kill us all long before that happened. The end result would be an Earth-mass black hole occupying Earth orbit.

I`m reliably informed that a Blackhole here on Earth is NOT all doom at all, and that a black hole has indeed been created at CERN and lasted a little over a femtosecond, afaik, we`re all still here and sucking air :)

Ah primordial black holes... I read in an article once that there is a chance these things could be passing through you at any moment - smaller than an atom. Something this small would have little effect on the environment though - if it were a few hundred thousand times bigger then maybe :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Ah primordial black holes... I read in an article once that there is a chance these things could be passing through you at any moment - smaller than an atom. Something this small would have little effect on the environment though - if it were a few hundred thousand times bigger then maybe :)

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']

Anything small enough not to do any harm would decay basically instantly. There is a theory that tiny black holes are created when cosmic rays collide with the atmosphere, which then harmlessly decay. But even an atom-sized black hole could be lethal if it passed through you, since it would cut large swath and absorb surrounding matter, which could be troublesome if that matter happens to be you. And like I described above, there would be nothing to stop such a black hole from falling straight through the Earth, getting bigger and bigger...

Anything small enough not to do any harm would decay basically instantly. There is a theory that tiny black holes are created when cosmic rays collide with the atmosphere, which then harmlessly decay. But even an atom-sized black hole could be lethal if it passed through you, since it would cut large swath and absorb surrounding matter, which could be troublesome if that matter happens to be you. And like I described above, there would be nothing to stop such a black hole from falling straight through the Earth, getting bigger and bigger...

HeHeHe thats true... luckily they decay in a very short amount of time then!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 2 weeks later...

tejaswini, I have also heard that there may be a black hole in the Bermuda Triangle, but there is no evidence. A more probable explaination would be that methane bubbles rising to the surface create huge waves sinking ships in seconds. The methane then rises, and because it's lighter than air, planes no longer have lift and lose control. Just my opinion.

~~~Yay! My 150th post!~~~

tejaswini' date=' I have also heard that there may be a black hole in the Bermuda Triangle, but there is no evidence. A more probable explaination would be that methane bubbles rising to the surface create huge waves sinking ships in seconds. The methane then rises, and because it's lighter than air, planes no longer have lift and lose control. Just my opinion.

~~~Yay! My 150th post!~~~[/quote']

congratulations. and also thanks for the reply anyway why do u think so much methane is being produced

only in that particular region. :)

congratulations. and also thanks for the reply anyway why do u think so much methane is being produced

only in that particular region. :)

Thanks. I think so much methane is being produced there because there are supposably many more frozen deposites of methane there than anywhere else on earth.

I think it would fall all the way to the core of the Earth where the centre of gravity is, then pull everything else into it.

My guess would be: how fast would it take to fall to the middle of the Earth? It would take that long, x2 - once for the black hole then once for everything else.