Another Lonely Valentine's Day

herme3

Valentine's Day has to be the most depressing time of the year. Everybody is giving each other flowers, balloons, candy, and cards. They are saying how much they care about each other. Today, I received no flowers, no balloons, no candy, and no cards. Nobody told me that they cared about me. In fact, nobody really even talked to me today.

I suppose I am just one of those people who were meant to be lonely. I never really decided to live a lonely life. In fact, I tried to ask a girl to go out on a date with me, but she just said no. I guess it was wrong for me to ask her. I know I'm not a great person, so she will be much happier without me.

I could also say that I lost my job earlier this month. I was an online investor, and I was going to be making over $70,000 a year just in time to graduate from high school. Everything was going great until the beginning of February. Then suddenly everything just started going down. Perhaps it is some type of curse from Valentine's Day. Anyway, now I have no income, and only about $3.00 in my bank account.

I still can't really believe that this has happened. I'm still trying to advertise some programs that are now gone. I've spent the past week advertising a link that went to a Site Error 404 page.

It looks like I need to get a job. I guess I probably won't need much. I can just find a small run-down apartment. That should be enough for me...

Oh my Goodness. You aren't even out of highschool yet and you're bemoaning the fact that you aren't making 70 000 dollars a year and you don't have a date for Hallmark-let's-make-people-spend-more-money-Day? All I have to say is, wait a few years. I'm sure you'll have no problem. Highschool sucked for me -- I didn't date at all because I didn't like highschool guys (sorry) -- but college and my 20s? Great times. Just figure who you are and what type of person you want to be with, stay away from people who want to change you, don't take rejection all that seriously and you'll be fine.

I got a balloon, arguably is was stolen by one of my mates from the restuarant we were eating in at the time, but it was at least a balloon.

Anyways no-one wished me a happy Valentines today, not until I said so first. There is no basis to complain about people not giving you flowers unless your giving them better ones.

Valentine's Day has to be the most depressing time of the year. Everybody is giving each other flowers, balloons, candy, and cards. They are saying how much they care about each other. Today, I received no flowers, no balloons, no candy, and no cards. Nobody told me that they cared about me.

Same here.

But I also found out today my dad's kidney's aren't working, and he's got to take 6 different meds every day, have weekly blood tests etc... which personally is far worst than no cards :\

Also, you wheren't wrong to ask her out, she said no, pick yourself up and ask someone else.

Just figure who you are and what type of person you want to be with, stay away from people who want to change you, don't take rejection all that seriously and you'll be fine.

Yes, maybe things will get better in the future. Everything just seems so dark and gloomy at the moment.

Anyways no-one wished me a happy Valentines today, not until I said so first. There is no basis to complain about people not giving you flowers unless your giving them better ones.

I don't have anyone to wish Happy Valentine's day to, or give flowers to.

But I also found out today my dad's kidney's aren't working, and he's got to take 6 different meds every day, have weekly blood tests etc...

I'm sorry to hear that. Valentine's Day seems like a time when bad things happen. I hope your dad will get better soon.

Also, you wheren't wrong to ask her out, she said no, pick yourself up and ask someone else.

It isn't that easy. I think I mentioned this in another thread, but most guys would go on a date with any girl they meet. However, there is only one girl that I've ever wanted to go on a date with in my entire life.

However, there is only one girl that I've ever wanted to go on a date with in my entire life.
I reckon this is because you're putting way to much on the concept of dating. When it comes down to it, it's spending time with someone, eating good food and being nice, I think that's fun even when it's entirely platonic.

Dude (hereme3),

Have you ever read any autobiographies or biographies of some the greatest or successful people (If not I strongly recommend)? Most of them went through such moronic events and found something that sticks in their brain and they work hard on it and come out as successful people. You have one such great opportunity.

I can show you one such opportunity in your reply. You said, " I'm sorry to hear that. Valentine's Day seems like a time when bad things happen. I hope your dad will get better soon". Here is the project.

Call it hereme3 conjecture, and it goes like this:

"Valentine's Day seems like a time when bad things happen."

Prove or disprove (I mean scientifically or mathematically) this and you will be famous.

You see that you are lucky dude to have such a conjecture on your name.

I am just hinting you to see the real world and appreciate the constraints. These constraints give shape to life. And thats the beauty. Most of the great mathematicians went through finite number of times of more pain than we do yet they saw the beauty in their pain.

One may use simple logic theory or discrete mathematics to solve the hereme3 conjecture.

Good luck. Luck prefers the prepared mind.

I didnt get any Valentines, but I gave flowers to two girls. My ex girlfriend that i never should have broken up with... and some girl that i wanted to date but shes fresh out of a relationship. My ex prolly threw the flowers away becasue she didnt leave school with them (not that her boyfriend would have liked it if she kept them) but I got a hug form the other girl. Worth it I'd say.

As for not having anyone, I've found out that the best way to get someone is to not try..

Valentine's Day has to be the most depressing time of the year. Everybody is giving each other flowers' date=' balloons, candy, and cards. They are saying how much they care about each other. Today, I received no flowers, no balloons, no candy, and no cards. Nobody told me that they cared about me. In fact, nobody really even talked to me today.

[/quote']

Welcome to the club.

Happy Valentines Day everybody. Be happy.

Please tell us a reason why we should be happy.

Dude (hereme3)' date='

Have you ever read any autobiographies or biographies of some the greatest or successful people (If not I strongly recommend)? Most of them went through such moronic events and found something that sticks in their brain and they work hard on it and come out as successful people. You have one such great opportunity.

I can show you one such opportunity in your reply. You said, " I'm sorry to hear that. Valentine's Day seems like a time when bad things happen. I hope your dad will get better soon". Here is the project.

Call it hereme3 conjecture, and it goes like this:

"Valentine's Day seems like a time when bad things happen."

Prove or disprove (I mean scientifically or mathematically) this and you will be famous.

You see that you are lucky dude to have such a conjecture on your name.

I am just hinting you to see the real world and appreciate the constraints. These constraints give shape to life. And thats the beauty. Most of the great mathematicians went through finite number of times of more pain than we do yet they saw the beauty in their pain.

One may use simple logic theory or discrete mathematics to solve the hereme3 conjecture.

Good luck. Luck prefers the prepared mind.[/quote']

I don't know how I could prove that. Actually, I am very bad at doing anything mathematically.

I didnt get any Valentines, but I gave flowers to two girls. My ex girlfriend that i never should have broken up with... and some girl that i wanted to date but shes fresh out of a relationship. My ex prolly threw the flowers away becasue she didnt leave school with them (not that her boyfriend would have liked it if she kept them) but I got a hug form the other girl. Worth it I'd say.

I could have given flowers to every girl in my school, and I'm sure I still wouldn't get a hug...

Welcome to the club.

I think the club is quite small. A teacher once asked us how old we were when we went on our first date. I was the only one in the class who was unable to answer, because I've never gone on a date. That was quite a depressing moment...:-(

That's why we have this:

(warning: potentially offense picture behind link)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/maddhattrrr/bachelorvalentinesday2.jpg

Haha.. true true.

Anyways if it makes anyone feel better i had the worst Valentines as well. Me and my girlfriend broke up last month on Jan 23, and we are still friends. I like her a lot but she just doesnt want to continue ... she says she loves me but she has some other reasons she wanted to break up. Anyways so she called me today.. all the way from india and it was so awkward. !0 Mins of total silence. Man that really sucked.

Oh and i didnt get any flowers, candy or anything related to that.

Atleast we got SFN.

I was quite nerdy during my highschool years and know very much what it's like to feel left out and unpopular (as I would guess many on this post could agree with). However, while working in a restaurant during a summer during highschool, I met an amazing woman whom I ended up marrying. She appreciates me for me and even appreciates my nerdiness. There were many girls I thought, "If only I could date HER." Looking back now, I realize that they weren't the type of people for me. Sure, at the time I thought about how perfect those other women seemed, but now I can tell you that I would not have enjoyed dating them. I guess I'm just trying to say don't give up hope. Be kind and courteous and respectful and eventually there will be a woman who will be very attracted to that; don't expect that during high school though... it takes a while for women get past the attraction-to-jerks phase (this I learned from talking w/ women about the topic). Give it time and keep at it.

well I bought my new gas cooker and had it installed and cooked my wife a lovely chicken curry with pilau rice, we also ate a little too much, but it was too nice to leave any.

I only got one card this year (anymore and there would have been Trouble!).

oh yeah and new cookery book to complete my collection :)

Me and my girlfriend are boycotting valentines day this year. neither of us are into the whole "everybody has to be romantic on this particular day" thing. its kind of spread out through the year for us. we like it that way.

Sounds like a good plan, I hate the comercilisation of things like St Vallenties day :\