When I get to college...

What should I study to become a neurosurgeon, which subject in particular...What courses should I ask for. Please, answer your questions in a mature and responsible fashion. And it'll help if I hear from actual neurologists/people that are studying this course.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

As Cap'n said, you'll need good grades in a basic science degree or pre-med. During your undergraduate work experience will help (vounteering in a hospital and other extracurricular stuff).

Then once you get into med. school you'll need to do well and spend a ton of time in a residency.

I can't say for sure, but be prepared for a TON of school (4 years undergrad, 4 years med. school plus a residency which I would imagine ranges from 4-8 years). So we're talking about 14+ years after college.

good luck!

• 2 months later...
What should I study to become a neurosurgeon, which subject in particular...What courses should I ask for.

The right answer to this will come from the medical schools you are planning to attend. Since recruiting the best students is an all-important task at these schools, they have people whose whole job it is to give advice on questions like these.

Dangerous Bill

Work experience is almost as important as grades when applying to medical school. Quite a few people I know without experience, have been rejected from almost everywhere even though they had straight A's in the preferred subjects.