[question]Human evolution - further then 5 millions years.

hey guys, i am new to this forum, i basicly joined up , beause i had some questions that kept bugging me for awhile, wondering if anyone can help me understand.

i was looking at the tree of evolution from where humans evolved, and the furthest anchestor the trees usually provided was of Ardipithecus ramidus who is beleived to be around 4.5-5 millions years old.

My question is what did animals did we evolve from, and their appearance , if we look even further back. like 10, 20 , 50 millions years back? or is this not understood properly still?

i am assuming we shrink in size if we keep looking even further back , and resemble maybe some type of racoon lol. or something.

anyway if anyone could help me understand, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what the ancestors were directly before apes, but prior to that, primates were lemur like, farther down I would compare them to tree shrews, and just further back along the insectivorous scale, which we probably sat in for a long, long time.

Night crawling, dinosaur egg sucking rats!

aguy2

Indeed

At 1st I thought I might go with a dry 'rapier' wit, but I've settled on a 'intellectual bludgeon'. Pick your weapon or pick your nose; either way your in a pickle. Take your best shot, but I must warn you that I'm willing to die laughing.

aguy2