Consciousness exceeding genetic potential

I would like show some examples of how consciousness can exceed one's genetic potential. The implication is that the brain and consciousness, at some level, helps lead genetic evolution.

Here is an experiment to prove this premise. If we start with a person who is genetically predisposed to to be thin, i.e., 98 lb weakling, that person can decide to begin training with weights using a high protein, high calorie training diet, and turn themselves into a much larger more muscular person, i.e., muscle head. If they stopped the training, their body would gradually return back to their genetic propensity. If they keep up the training for decades, the body will become more permanently alterred toward the larger muscularity in total contradiction to their orginal genetic potential.

These observations suggests the brain and consciousness is more than one's genetic potential, providing a potential for progressive or regressive genetic changes.

In the regressive sense, the new muscle head could slide into depression, stop training, but continue eating 4000 cal/day. This would alter the orginal thin genetic propensity into more body fat than normal. If this behavior continues, the metabolism could begin to lower, making them lose their orginal high metalolism leanness. If some scientists looked at this new end result (out of consciousness context), they may conclude, that this person has a natural genetic potential to be overweight. If this conclusion is correct, then the depression (brain and consciousness) would have alterred some of their genetics from lean genes to fat genes. The last illogic was an example of the overuse of the genetic trump card.

The point remains, that adaptation, expecially to the needs of a changing environment, can induce animals or even people to alter the natural limits of their genetic propensities. The observation that once temporary changes are known to stick and become a natural part of a species, seems to indicate the brain and consciousness is able, somehow, to gradually induce permanent genetic changes.

For example, there are certain monkeys that have learned to use sticks to get ants out of an ant mound. This simple invention, eventually becomes the natural focus of learned behavior for that species. Other animals in the neigborhood, who watch this behavior, don't bother to copy or learn this useul behavior, because it is not part of their natural genetic propensity. It was not induced into their species.

If they keep up the training for decades, the body will become more permanently alterred toward the larger muscularity in total contradiction to their orginal genetic potential.

What is the "genetic potential" in that sense?

How do you determine the pontential of a person or of anything else?

I dont know "genetic potential" as a biological term. But it seems to be used in a restrictive way to set a range for adaptation or a limit for plasticity.

I would say if something changes more than expected, then the potential was undervalued, and not that the potential itself changed.

I would like show some examples of how consciousness can exceed one's genetic potential. The implication is that the brain and consciousness' date=' at some level, helps lead genetic evolution.

Here is an experiment to prove this premise. If we start with a person who is genetically predisposed to to be thin, i.e., 98 lb weakling, that person can decide to begin training with weights using a high protein, high calorie training diet, and turn themselves into a much larger more muscular person, i.e., muscle head. If they stopped the training, their body would gradually return back to their genetic propensity. If they keep up the training for decades, the body will become more permanently alterred toward the larger muscularity in total contradiction to their orginal genetic potential.

These observations suggests the brain and consciousness is more than one's genetic potential, providing a potential for progressive or regressive genetic changes.

In the regressive sense, the new muscle head could slide into depression, stop training, but continue eating 4000 cal/day. This would alter the orginal thin genetic propensity into more body fat than normal. If this behavior continues, the metabolism could begin to lower, making them lose their orginal high metalolism leanness. If some scientists looked at this new end result (out of consciousness context), they may conclude, that this person has a natural genetic potential to be overweight. If this conclusion is correct, then the depression (brain and consciousness) would have alterred some of their genetics from lean genes to fat genes. The last illogic was an example of the overuse of the genetic trump card.

The point remains, that adaptation, expecially to the needs of a changing environment, can induce animals or even people to alter the natural limits of their genetic propensities. The observation that once temporary changes are known to stick and become a natural part of a species, seems to indicate the brain and consciousness is able, somehow, to gradually induce permanent genetic changes.

For example, there are certain monkeys that have learned to use sticks to get ants out of an ant mound. This simple invention, eventually becomes the natural focus of learned behavior for that species. Other animals in the neigborhood, who watch this behavior, don't bother to copy or learn this useul behavior, because it is not part of their natural genetic propensity. It was not induced into their species.[/quote']

I'd suggest learning something about genetics, and what people already know about since, otherwise you'll keep on posting illogical stuff like this.

This should be moved to the peseudoscience forum.

I defined genetic potential as a type of steady state aspect of the body, that is inherent within biology of person's makeup, which is often explained via the compostion of their genes. People are looking for the smart gene, the gay gene, propensity toward lung cancer gene, fat gene, skinny gene, chlorestoerol genes, etc, whatever is in vogue at the time. If one was just a robot, their body would reach a steady state based on what is assumed to be in their genes. I call that one's genetic potential.

I was showing you a couple of examples of adding conscious choice to the DNA robot, allowing one to exceed or regress to less than what the robot would be, if it was only using it's DNA's assortment. It appears to me, that you guys are learning misinformation are unable or unwilling to see the reality of the situation.

Someone with the fat gene can make themselves skinny. Someone with the bad chorlesterol gene can alter their diet and exercise and reduce their chloesterol numbers, etc.. One can have a red hair gene and dye it black. .

I am not talking about genetic potential as a superhuman part of the genes to which one can strive to. That is the function of consciousness which is more than the sum of the genes.

Someone with the fat gene can make themselves skinny. Someone with the bad chorlesterol gene can alter their diet and exercise and reduce their chloesterol numbers' date=' etc.. One can have a red hair gene and dye it black. .

I am not talking about genetic potential as a superhuman part of the genes to which one can strive to. That is the function of consciousness which is more than the sum of the genes.[/quote']

There's no such thing as a 'fat' gene it's been correlated with addictive behaviour. In our present state (despite the consequences of our effect on the environment) it's far more accelerated than evolution, and therefore has no consequence on genetics.

Per previous posts you really need to read up on genetics et.c...someone dieting doesn't mean they will pass on a dieting gene.