Know some science?

Cap'n Refsmmat

Got any scientific knowledge at all?

Then you can help with WiSci, SFN's official science wiki! It's a scientific encyclopedia that any registered user can contribute to, and we need many more users to help. If you have some spare time and English skills, just drop by, register, read the introduction, and start editing!

With WiSci, we hope to start a truly scientific encyclopedia that is of high enough quality to publish, with a peer-review process being designed. Please help SFN create this resource for the community!

mods: it IS a SFN project... it's just blike hasn't put up the links in the sidebar yet, so I couldn't help but ruthlessly advertise. do PM me if you object

Hey i've signed up, thanks capn' for fixing around the megaparsec stub i had a swing at, my first time at anything like this, ive taken notice of what ya fixed up and i will know how to do it properly next time, i was quite hesitant, but i suppose i will only learn through doing it.

thanks but.

Dont be too hesetant, the good thing about wikis is that you can do as much or as little as you wish, and any omissions or minor mistakes that you make will be fixed later by someone else.

on another note:

mods: it IS a SFN project... it's just blike hasn't put up the links in the sidebar yet, so I couldn't help but ruthlessly advertise. do PM me if you object

It's there now, but I personally never look at the home page, and i assume that the same might be true of others; might it be possible to put a link to WiSci on the top navipanel? I know it's a bit crowded, but it'll be more visible there.

Also, is this a good place to mention that if blikes paying for WiSci, he might wish to set up a paypal account and accept donations for the (eventually presumably large) bandwidth costs.

We have a commented-out note about donating on this page:

http://www.wisci.org/wiki/Help:Introduction

but no place for the donations to go.

Indeed, I convinced dave to put in the link on the sidebar. It won't get that much traffic, but the link will put us up a bit in the search-engine ratings (and get Google to notice us more) so that should help some.

I do seem to remember that blike tried creating a Paypal account long ago for donations, but got so few donations that he took the link off. The account might still be there. I'll ask him about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt that after thirteen days of deadness, a bump was necessary.

Come on, folks. WiSci isn't growing all by itself, we need help!

And if Blike or dave notices this, can we please have a redirect forum to WiSci. I think it would attract far more attention than a little link on the front page.