truth about aliens

mr d

Hello

The truth about aliens.

1) are there any - yes

2) are they intelligent - yes. Their not wanting to have anything to do with us proves it.

3) did they make contact - yes. they’ve spoken to who they wanted to, they’re advanced beings you know, took them all of about 20 seconds to figure out who’s who and what’s what on planet earth. Sorry but if you did not receive the green crystal with the shiny silver tassel your out of luck.

4) is the government covering up about ufo’s - yes. however this is at the request of the aliens. Read item 2 for reason.

5) why are they here - to make sure we don’t get out there. Being that they are peaceful beings and do not want to, nor would not, destroy us; best they can do is make sure human kind does not develop the technology to venture out amongst the stars.

6) why would they not want to meet the people of earth, exchange ideas, philosophies, technology - did you read item 2. yes advanced peaceful beings that can travel beyond the speed of light, have cured disease, eliminated war and not allowed reality television have a whole lot of things they can learn from us. And trade us technology, huh? Though they do like the george foreman grill, helps with the barbeques, all those cattle mutilations you know.

7) well why not - have you ever looked at the television shows and news we broadcast into space. Would anyone in their right mind want anything at all to do with us. Just look at the 20th century here on earth. Not a day went by that there was not a major, minor, bush, or guerilla war some place on this planet, except for may 4th 1907.

and now we have nuclear weapons, so they are scared silly we’re going to show up on their door step any day now. ‘ hi there we’re from planet earth would you like to trade with us. No…hmm.. well we’ll just setup a little place over here, in case you’d like to try cola, here have a free baseball cap. Say can I tell you about our religions.’

8) why abductions - on going research into why we, humans, are psychotic so as to correct the problem in us. Also reason for breeding programs, but so far unsuccessful.

9) crop circles - kilroy was here

10) why has seti not heard anything - it’s like when you see annoying relatives or neighbors coming up the walk. ‘quick turn out the lights and pretend we’re not home’.

Hope that clears some things up. Other info or opinions welcome.

Strange thoughts mr d

I'm scared now :eek:

What if all of my friends are aliens?

What if my brothers an alien?

What if my parents are aliens?

What if you're an alien?

What if I'm an alien??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the real truth about aliens:

1) are there any - we don't know

2) are they intelligent - we don't know

3) did they make contact - no

4) is the government covering up about ufo’s - The government has probably covered up sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects in the form of classified surveillance plane development projects in the past

Here's the real truth about aliens:

1) are there any - we don't know

2) are they intelligent - we don't know

3) did they make contact - no

4) is the government covering up about ufo’s - The government has probably covered up sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects in the form of classified surveillance plane development projects in the past

It seems to my by your examples, no. 3 should also be "we don't know," seeing as how we don't know anything else.

i would call these more best guess speculations.

just because you have not been contacted does not mean others have not.

if you think about it why would aliens want to speak with most people. and if the goverment did know more than they let on, why should they inform the public. the public really does need to know if they are not to be involved, plus there's the issue of what would happen to people's perspective of the world if we found out we are not the greatest thing in the universe.

who do surveys say would have the hardest time with coming to grips with aliens... scientist and academics. why because such beings would be so far technologically advanced, plus have such a greater understanding of science that those who now concider themselves to be our most intelligent would be concidered little more than children by comparison.

strange thoughts

mr d

The chances that an alien life form would be similar enough to us to have any kind of communication with us is ridiculously small. Just think about Earth. In all the billions of years we've had life on earth and all the millions of species that have existed, how many can we communicate with meaningfully? None but ourselves, and that's of species that developed from the same source! Just imagine how different an organism of completely different origins would be.

You know what you should read concerning this topic? "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark" by Carl Sagan. He debunks numerous pseudoscientific fields, one of them being "ufology".

And here's another intriguing point, one that i've though of. Why are we able to pronounce the names of these supposed aliens and their races with human vocal chords?

It seems to my by your examples, no. 3 should also be "we don't know," seeing as how we don't know anything else.

No hard evidence leaves no reason to believe.

I can caveat that no with "skeptic's assumption" if you want to be pedantic about the ultimate knowability of all reality, but it's no different from assuming that all accounts of vampires, Zeus, leprichauns, unicorns, maticores, wyverns, and griffins are also false.

just because you have not been contacted does not mean others have not.

I think you're suffering from Mulder's "I Want To Believe" complex.

You know what you should read concerning this topic? "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark" by Carl Sagan. He debunks numerous pseudoscientific fields, one of them being "ufology".

An excellent recommendation to read an excellent book

Originally Posted by mr d

2) are they intelligent - yes. Their not wanting to have anything to do with us proves it.

...snip...

4) is the government covering up about ufo’s - yes. however this is at the request of the aliens. Read item 2 for reason.

5) why are they here - to make sure we don’t get out there. Being that they are peaceful beings and do not want to, nor would not, destroy us; best they can do is make sure human kind does not develop the technology to venture out amongst the stars.

There is a few inconsistancies in your arguments. First you state that the ailens want to keep us bottled up because we are so dangerous. However You say that the aliens are willing to deal with "Those in Power" and support the current regimes. The ones who are keeping us so dangerous.

If these Alines had enough influence over our governments to force them to keep their secrets (for all these years and over many governemnt leaders) then they could have the knowledge and influence to make us less of a danger. But this hasn't happened. Why? This is the main inconsistancy of you post.

6) why would they not want to meet the people of earth, exchange ideas, philosophies, technology - did you read item 2. yes advanced peaceful beings that can travel beyond the speed of light, have cured disease, eliminated war and not allowed reality television have a whole lot of things they can learn from us. And trade us technology, huh? Though they do like the george foreman grill, helps with the barbeques, all those cattle mutilations you know.

7) well why not - have you ever looked at the television shows and news we broadcast into space. Would anyone in their right mind want anything at all to do with us. Just look at the 20th century here on earth. Not a day went by that there was not a major, minor, bush, or guerilla war some place on this planet, except for may 4th 1907.

and now we have nuclear weapons, so they are scared silly we’re going to show up on their door step any day now. ‘ hi there we’re from planet earth would you like to trade with us. No…hmm.. well we’ll just setup a little place over here, in case you’d like to try cola, here have a free baseball cap. Say can I tell you about our religions.’

If one could travel faster than the speed of light then a Nuke would be completly usless against you.

Just say someone fired a nuke at your ship. You could just fly off, let the thing explode and then come back and destroy whoever fired the nuke at you (all before they could even react).

Or say they shot it at one of your settlements. Traveleing faster (or even just close to the speed of light) you could intercept the nuke almost as soon as it was launched and then have time to dissarm it (due to their superior infomation proccessing capabilities) by cracking the encryption on it. Or just attach a FTL engine on it and shunt it far off in a location tyhat it would do no damage (say the middle of a star).

If you had the ability to travel between stars in a resonable time frame (say a maximum of 10% of the life expectancy of the spiecies) then you would have, at your disposal, technology that would make a nuke usless and would this fear that you think they would have.

8) why abductions - on going research into why we, humans, are psychotic so as to correct the problem in us. Also reason for breeding programs, but so far unsuccessful.

This contradict your point 3. Besides, humans are not psycotic. We are very territorial, and most of our agressive behaviour can be attributed to sex (or more acurately the desire to reproduce and the competition that is nessesary to insure the best genes are passed on).

We have the ability to perform Germline (?spelling?) genetic manipulation (the changing of the genes passed onto the next generation via genetic engineering). Although AFAIK this has not been done on humans, it has been done to a few animals (even selective breeding that has been going on for thousands of years is a crude form of this) and many plants (transgenics). If we developed this power in only the few decades since the discovery of DNA, then what could an Intelegence with far greater technological development do in the time they have been here (well over 100 years)? Where will our geneitc science be, in say 50 years?

10) why has seti not heard anything - it’s like when you see annoying relatives or neighbors coming up the walk. ‘quick turn out the lights and pretend we’re not home’.

What about civilizations that have discovered radio communication (like us) but have not yet discovered intersteller travel. Or (as you suggested they are doing to humanity) spiecies that the "Big Brother" aliens are keeping in a state of technological restriction and have radio communications. These two senarios SETI could detect.

The reson SETI has not detected any aliens is that we have not realy looked for them. The are covered by SETI is an extremely tiny fraction of the available stars in even our galaxy (not to mention the other galaxies). We have looked at only a few thousands of stars with SETI but there are billions of stars in the galaxy. This is why we havent found ET yet with SETI.

The equivalent of this would be looking out your front door and not seeing any Kangeroos (we do get them in our front yards here in Australia :D ) and then claiming that Kangeroos don't exist because you haven't seen any yet.

Hello

The truth about aliens.

1) are there any - yes

3) did they make contact - yes. they’ve spoken to who they wanted to' date=' they’re advanced beings you know, took them all of about 20 seconds to figure out who’s who and what’s what on planet earth. Sorry but if you did not receive the green crystal with the shiny silver tassel your out of luck.

9) crop circles - kilroy was here

Hope that clears some things up. Other info or opinions welcome.

Strange thoughts mr d[/quote']

Bah, Bah, Black sheep, have you any proof?

Wow.....That clears nothing up. You have speculated lots and neither proved nor even attempted to prove anything. Things you say are true most certainly do not have to be true.

1. No proof at all.

2. Maybe they are too primitive for space travel - hence they have not found us. This is assuming they exist.

3. Wow....

4. The government is ruled by aliens who cover up aliens from the rest of the populus while still allowing us to prosper? Even though they think we are a threat...

5. Where did that come from?

6. Why would they want to trade tech? I never heard that question asked.

7. Like as been said, if they are so far advanced I don't see how we pose a threat to them.

8. I guess were assuming there are abductions and you happen to know why aliens do them. You sure are assuming a lot.

9. .................

10. ..................

hello

good to see the doubters amoung you. are there no believers.

to: nevermore "Bah, Bah, Black sheep, have you any proof?"

*michel jackson - what more proof do you need than that.

to: edtharan "Just say someone fired a nuke at your ship. You could just fly off, let the thing explode and then come back and destroy whoever fired the nuke at you (all before they could even react)."

*well if your peaceful and won't harm us, then i simply land my ship on your planet and boom."

to: bascule "I think you're suffering from Mulder's "I Want To Believe" complex"

* true i'd rather live in a world that at least can imagine aliens exist, rather than one where they can not. and your

"Location: The center of the universe" hmmm... wonder what kind of complex that is.

'let's keep em flying, the flags of discontent'

mr d

hello

good to see the doubters amoung you. are there no believers.

to: nevermore "Bah' date=' Bah, Black sheep, have you any proof?"

*michel jackson - what more proof do you need than that.

to: edtharan "Just say someone fired a nuke at your ship. You could just fly off, let the thing explode and then come back and destroy whoever fired the nuke at you (all before they could even react)."

*well if your peaceful and won't harm us, then i simply land my ship on your planet and boom."

to: bascule "I think you're suffering from Mulder's "I Want To Believe" complex"

* true i'd rather live in a world that at least can imagine aliens exist, rather than one where they can not. and your

"Location: The center of the universe" hmmm... wonder what kind of complex that is.

'let's keep em flying, the flags of discontent'

mr d[/quote']

....You act like this is fact. You've answered semi-logic with pure speculation. None of have said we don't not believe there is no possiblility of life other than us in the universe - we have said your "proof" is lacking and speculations mostly senseless.

Why do I think that Mr D's comments are being taken far too seriously? I thought the list was funny.

6) why would they not want to meet the people of earth, exchange ideas, philosophies, technology - did you read item 2. yes advanced peaceful beings that can travel beyond the speed of light, have cured disease, eliminated war and not allowed reality television have a whole lot of things they can learn from us.
:D

Edtharan, where in Oz are you?

They could still just strap a powerful engine onto your ship (maybe a robotic ship) and thrust you in a different direction before you got to the planet (if you then choose to blow up the nuke any way it would be your own fault). And I am sure that Aliens that can create and use intersteller travel would have other methods available to them that we could not think of to divert or even halt the explosion of a nuclear detonation.

Any life form that has any sense of self preservation would fight for it's own survival. If we started performing this kind of aggrssive behaviour to an advanced spiecies, they would then fight back. I think that they would at least give us a chance to intergrate into the greater intersteller community.

It sounds like you are projecting an your own sense of paranoia onto how you think an alien would behave.

Edtharan, where in Oz are you?

Canberra. Yes in the capital city of Australia we have Kangeroos on our front lawns (though not every day).

Hello

Interesting here.

Well I must say, I did not state I had proof, I said I would tell you the truth.

As to proof, what proof do you have that what I stated was not true?

What we currently have for our knowledge on the subject.

1) Aliens have not to the best of public knowledge openly contacted the people of earth.

2) Most reports of aliens\ufos have been shown to be mainly misidentifications of natural occurrences or deliberate hoaxes. However not all reports can be proven to fall into these two categories.

3) Again true for photos and video of supposed craft. But again not all can be explained (remember ufo stands for unidentified flying object, not alien spaceship).

4) Physical objects collected from encounter sites, or materials acquired by individuals reported to be of extra-terrestrial origin have proven to show no material compositions or manufacturing techniques that would require alien technology or origin to produce.

5) No earth like planets have been discovered in close proximity, however with current technology we can not identify planets of earth size, nor have any means to determine if life forms do exist on those planets that have been discovered.

6) Seti has been unable to detect intelligently directed and created signals, but has investigated only a very limited amount of the area of space. Also works on the assumption that aliens would actually created this type of signal.

7) Persons claiming actual contact with alien beings can produce no physical evidence upon themselves as to actual contact.

8) Many claimed abductions follow a pattern similar in experience to a physical condition known ‘sleep paralysis.’ Were people claim to be physically paralyzed, but retain consciousness. Science experiments show during episodes of sleep paralysis the body is actually in a form of paralysis, but the mind is still functioning at a level below full conciseness and may produce false visual, auditory, and emotional sensations. And it is believed that influence in mass culture may supply the images necessary to create hallucinations of alien abductions while the mind is at such a level of consciousness.

9) Some research into the effects of strong magnetic fields when placed into close proximity to the human brain can create sensations of ‘presence of others’ that may relate to some phenomena such as ghosts or the belief during abduction encounters of aliens entering the abductees room. Fields may have a greater influence during very late night-early morning hours as consumer demand for electrical power is greatly decreased, resulting in a strong flow, and hence fields, of home wiring and appliances.

What is most likely the correct scenarios.

1) There are no aliens

2) There are aliens but the technology does not exist for interstellar travel.

3) There are aliens and they have contacted humans.

4) There are aliens but they come to earth not to contact humans but another species on the planet.

5) Earth has been visited many times by aliens, however humans did not exist at those times, or human civilization was not advanced enough to carry out contact when it occurred. (earth 4 billion years old, modern man 40,000 years, human civilization 5,000 years).

6) Space travel is impossible however the earth has been contacted but our technology and understanding did not allow for the signal to be correctly detected.

7) There are aliens but size or physical needs have prevented contact form occurring.

And what happens if they did land to say hello, what would become of our civilizations. Our institution of higher learning, would they mean that much? If they could cure most diseases and increase human lifespan to say 350 years. would we still have a great need for doctors? What would happen to the institution of marriage, could you stay married to the same person for 280 years (currently new marriages last about 7)? Would we need a program of mass sterilization, as we could not allow for to many children to be born if no one is dying. Would we take their religion? Would the poor and down trodden of earth want to leave, and could those in power afford to let them?

Perhaps it’s best for people not to know the truth.

Your thoughts, and I do mean yours. Simple repeating the words or ideas of a great person does not make you great, it makes you a parrot.

Perhaps later the truth of my question

Oh, and by the way, what are all you staunch supporters of science doing in a group for pseudoscience and metaphysics?

Mr d.

Hey, couldn't it be that they're also trying to contact us but to no avail.

Maybe like they use different language and we use different language. Don't you think how funny it would be if an American radiocaster uses circuits that make use of binary logic, and a Japanese guy used circuits of hexadecimal or maybe septadecimal logic(hey any different base is possible). Do you even think they both will be able to intercept each other? Fine, both will discover it and classify it as background noise but they just can't decode it.

Hello

Interesting here.

Well I must say' date=' I did not state I had proof, I said I would tell you the truth.

As to proof, what proof do you have that what I stated was not true?[/quote']

I think the point is that you don't really have any evidence to back up your claim. And since the claim seems EXTREMELY improbable, that naturally leads us to believe it isn't true.

1) There are no aliens

3) There are aliens and they have contacted humans.

4) There are aliens but they come to earth not to contact humans but another species on the planet.

5) Earth has been visited many times by aliens, however humans did not exist at those times, or human civilization was not advanced enough to carry out contact when it occurred. (earth 4 billion years old, modern man 40,000 years, human civilization 5,000 years).

6) Space travel is impossible however the earth has been contacted but our technology and understanding did not allow for the signal to be correctly detected.

7) There are aliens but size or physical needs have prevented contact form occurring.

The most likely scenario is that there are lots of extraterrestrial life forms, but probably none as intelligent as us, at least not close enough to be able to travel to or communicate with. And if they are as intelligent as us, they'd likely be so different from us, think in completely different ways and have completely different concerns such that communication would be impossible. Even the desire to explore and communicate is a very human one - there's no reason to believe an alien would care about us at all.

And what happens if they did land to say hello, what would become of our civilizations. Our institution of higher learning, would they mean that much? If they could cure most diseases and increase human lifespan to say 350 years. would we still have a great need for doctors? What would happen to the institution of marriage, could you stay married to the same person for 280 years (currently new marriages last about 7)? Would we need a program of mass sterilization, as we could not allow for to many children to be born if no one is dying. Would we take their religion? Would the poor and down trodden of earth want to leave, and could those in power afford to let them?

Perhaps it’s best for people not to know the truth.

Your thoughts, and I do mean yours. Simple repeating the words or ideas of a great person does not make you great, it makes you a parrot.

Why would they be interested in solving all our problems?

Oh, and by the way, what are all you staunch supporters of science doing in a group for pseudoscience and metaphysics?

Mr d.

It's a science forum with a subforum for pseudoscience. My personal reasons for being here:

a) It's fun to see what people come up with.

b) It's important for people to be able to express their ideas, and if they're wrong, to have it actually explained why they are wrong instead of either being dismissed outright or being allowed to go on thinking they are valid. Very intelligent and interested people often end up believing totally wrong things just because nobody ever bothered to explain why they were wrong.

Canberra, home of the nations largest Hot Air Generating Plant.:D

I was down late last year to do a show at the National Conference Centre. It's a bloody disgrace. The casino should never have been allowed to run it. Safety levels are so low that the venue would be closed down in any other state.

Having said that, it's a lovely city. Clean and tidy and the people are very nice. Great kebabs too.:D

Roos on the lawn mean;

1. You don't have to mow. and

2. It gets organically fertilized.

Mind you, if we could package and sell the BS that comes out of the "Little House under the Hill" we would be home and hosed.:D

Interesting here.

Well I must say, I did not state I had proof, I said I would tell you the truth.

As to proof, what proof do you have that what I stated was not true?

What we currently have for our knowledge on the subject.

...snip...

What is most likely the correct scenarios.

From what you wrote the most likely corect scenarios would be (in order of most likely to least likely):

1) There are no aliens

3) There are aliens and they have contacted humans (either because they aren't interested in us or just haven't come here yet).

And what happens if they did land to say hello,

Based on the most likely scenario of contact with an alien spiecies: remote contact, eith through time (via archiological evidence, not time travel) or via radio and assuming a public contact not a consiricy theory/government coverup/Men In Black contact and theat the Alines are also a comunicating spiecies (which the most likey would be if they have advanced technology).

First would come an exchange on mathematics. This would help further comunication as mathematics seems to be universal and not just a human concept. The maths would most likely include various mathematical "proofs" and equations that have been discovered and explored (one would most definitly be ther fibonecci sequance as this seems to be a universal sequance that can be seen in galaxy spirals and other such objects as well as living organisms here on Earth).

Eventually we will establish a "pidgin" language that would be a simplified version of the 2 languages (the main language of the Earth discoverers and the Alien contacters). This will facilitate comunication of more abstract concepts.

Eventually there will be an exchange of belif systems (if they have them) and some humans will take them up, much like some of the aliens would probably take up some human beliefs.

As for technology, I think tha twe will embrace a lot of it and even start to develop our own (the difference in psychology between us will mean that we will come up with new ways of using their discoveries).

It might be 1 or 2 generations where we will feel left behind (if they are more advanced) and a relitvly short period of social and economic disruption as the new technologies and social ideas are implimented.

think back to the technology that your grand parents had, and compare it to the technology of today. We are not any more physicaly or mentally advanced than our grandparents, but we deeal with concepts and technology that to them (when they were our age) would seem like magic or something from an Alien technology. And yet we use it without too much trouble.

We are a tool using spiecies and weather the tool is a mental or a physical one, we will adapt it and ourselves to take advantage of it.

if the aliens really exixted and if they were really more powerful than us in every respect i'm sure they would have enslaved us by now.

Not neceasrily... they probably would have viewed us as some sort of infectious agent and destroyed us.