The Truth of Air...

Nitrogen is not an inert gas. It just is not usually very active at room temperature. Nitrogen is replaced in deep sea diving by inert helium because nitrogen can dissolve in the blood to toxic concentrations under pressure. Also it can reform as bubbles in the blood when pressure is removed. Helium does not have this problem.

Just aman

that fact hit me as I reread my post

sorry, I've been up since 4;)

as soon as I reread that I remembered all that stuff I used to know, which includes aman's post. Figured I'd let someone correct me so everyone else would know too (no actually I was just too lazy to delete it...but it sounded good?)

I don't like arguing with guys who know more about the subject than I…They run down everything I'm saying as I say it……Oh well…I guess thats what all you guys are here for…Praise be that you guys are wasting your time here and not somewhere else…

I doubt that argon would work becuase it is pretty darn inert. By the same measure, we did not evolve to breath nitrogen, even though it is the major component of air. This is becuase the chemistry of nitrogen is not conducive to life (it kinda hard to do things with).

As far as the original question goes, i dont think that oxygen could be considered a drug, because it does not alter the natural operation of your bodily functions.

VendingMenace said in post #35 :

because it does not alter the natural operation of your bodily functions.

That sounds so damn logical. Makes sense to me as a definition for something that is not a drug. I'd send it to that really old nerd that writes dictionaries. Is he still alive? I'll bet he's really boring to talk to.

But thanks VM, I agree.

Just aman

I like to "exchange my opinion with those who are more intelligent than me.....Its fun.....I just need to spend more time so I can come up with something substancial......Now that I think about it...My reasons make no sense when looked at with certain knowledge I now have....thanks....