The Truth of Air...

Air....I've been thinking in a sense.....I have come to the conclussion, through little dliberation, that air is a drug...When we stop "breathing", we die of withdraws....It would explain much.....well, not really......I would elaborate, but I wish to see your arguments first........(Sorry for all spelling errors in this page...)....

with 'drug' do you mean drug or 'medicine'

I always find it confusing that 'drug' has two meanings in english.

in my language they are two separate words.

about what you said: air is a must to survive, a drug isn't. That is a big difference.

I can fly... this would explain much, but first give me your argument why I can't. (just kidding)

we cant give you an argument because you're not making any sort of claim, and if you were then that post was so incoherent it got lost.

1. the elipsis is only to be used at the end of a sentence to allude further content or for mysterious effect, not liberally waved everywhere like a violent snake.

2. try and talk in sentences. its the way the queen's english works; little phrases and statements surrounded by improper grammar resemble literal garbage.

3. try and actually have a point to begin with. it makes the post so much more worthwhile.

It reads like a perversion of statistics to me, and they, when badly interpreted can be made to prove anything! example;

1) Every living thing must consume nutrients (Food)

2) Every Living thing eventualy dies.

ergo I have proven that food is poisonous and will eventualy kill you.

and ALSO that by NEVER eating, you would live forever (barring accidents).

the 1`st 2 data are indeed facts... when presented with ONLY these two facts, it would be logical to assume the conclusion, but anyone will tell that it`s a totaly bogus stat.

a favorite trick of politicians!

and at least mine is not based on any presumption of a "Drug" that in now way even enters your data... have a rethink dude :)

AFAIK drugs are defined as substances taken into the body that aren't necessary for normal functioning.

Air is necessary for normal functioning, so air is not a drug.

Same argument for food or water.

Kedas said in post #2 :

about what you said: air is a must to survive, a drug isn't. That is a big difference.

Not neccesarily true....If one smoked crack every day of his life for twenty years staright, assuming they never died from the drug itself, then if they just stopped, they would die of withdraws....Air could just be giving us the same effect....Its just that since our bodies are so adapted to it, we get the withdraws merely minutes of we stop taking it......Also, we've been taking it for so long, our bodies have found a way to use it to our advantage....Say every human smoked crack every day of their life....and so did their kids...in about a few thousand years, or million, I don't know how fast any of this crap happens, then we would also need crack to survive........My point is saying, that if we start breathing slower, and our children more so, we would, (and by we I mean our successors,) eventually be able to not breathe at all....Our bodies would adapt to the no oxygen....And by drug, I didn't mean the definition of what a drug is, I know that, I just didn't know what the word for what I'm thinking of is....Oh well....

the body uses oxygen in such a way that it is essential to survive. Crack has absolutely no use whatsoever:-p not for life anyway. Organisms started on earth by using oxygen did they not? (I'm actually asking this question)

blah. Air is not a drug, it's a compound that is needed for life. Our life anyway.

we would, (and by we I mean our successors,) eventually be able to not breathe at all....Our bodies would adapt to the no oxygen....

No, we wouldnt. Air is not a drug. it is necessary for the continuation of life. Crack isnt.

if we breathed slower, we become more tired and our bodies would manually make us breathe at a normal rate. it takes a long time to acclimatise to a low oxygen environment, you cant just sit in your room and time your breathing.

In a sense air is killing us. the oxygen radicals in our bloodstream contribute to the ageing process and slowly kill cells etc, hastening our death. but that doesnt mean air is a drug.

And STOP USING ELIPSES. learn to write properly, youll find the full stop key next to your comma key.

True, Oxygen is both our killer and saviour, but in no way shape or form could be construed as a "Drug", although it IS possible to get kinda High on pure O2 (not that I`de know anything about that) *Guilty smirk*

as for forcing evolution by sitting in your bedroom holding your breath, that sort of behavior being exhibited, would not be conducive to getting laid (crude term but gets the point across) and since you`de require several generations of you ALL doing this, it`s a triffle self deafeating :)

not only that, but as Greg said, it wouldn`t work anyway, you`ll all eventualy end up rather poorly and with alot explaining to do from the inside of your rubber rooms :)

Just because having something would be helpful to your survival doesnt mean that mutations will provide it. Eventually anything is possible, but one of those possibilities is death, so don't place your bets on high odds.

reading through all this thread again with ma wife, and I won`t repeat what she said about KHF22 (don`t wanna get banned).

Oxygen along with water etc... is a pre-requisite of all life as we know and understand it.

Crank, Crack, Acid (LSD), Opiates, D-9 THC etc.. I need not continue are simply ADJUNCTS, and unneccesary ones at that, that serve little to no purpose what so ever unless there is a MEDICAL reason for them to assist in healing.

I Hope that makes some sense to you? :)

We can breath a fluid saturated with O2 so we don't really need "air". Maybe the FDA would classify the fluid as a drug.

I know that natural ingredients in health food stores are not classified as drugs and air is one very natural ingredient.

Just aman

*bans YT2095*

(hey were you married in 1995?)

anyway, if one were to sit inside all day, slowing one's breathing, you'd eventually pass out from lack of oxygen, and start breathing normally again;)

just had to throw that up

Oh well.....I was just throwing up some ideas.....How do you know the only reason why oxygen is essential to life only because we have been breathing it for millions of years?....I bet if we breathed more excessive amounts of argon than we do now, like 1000% more, it would eventually be ecssential to life.....

And I only use elipses because its now my tradmark way of typing on the internet now....Check all the sites were I "chat".....

We breath a majority of nitrogen but probably could replace it with another inert gas all our lives and never know the difference. Put some ether or nitrous oxide in it and then it's a drug.

Just aman

well that, plus, adding so much excessive gas to our regular intake of breath like that would probably oxygen deprive the cells now and kill us

the oxygen's already been sitting there :P to take it away would surely mean death. or

or deth, megadeth is pretty darn cool

Don`t some of these deep sea divers use an Oxygen and Helium mix also?

something to do with bubble size in the blood stream I think it was?

it has no adverse affects except making you sound a little squeeky :)

even these liquids that are breathable (FlouroCarbon based) have easily removable O2 molecules in their structure.

hardly drugs however :)