Unseasonably warm?

herpguy

Once again, it's in the upper fifties. It's unseasonably warm in Michigan. Sunday (3-12-06), it should go into the mid 60's. :)

Your lucky, its snowing here yet again...

We have had an abnormal amount of snow so far this year...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Living in the east of the U.K., It has been very dry, rather bright and calm. But then those of us who remember 1947 and 1963 would see this winter as pleasantly unremarkable, I suppose.

In previous years I never used A/C in my car unti late april at the earliest. Typically it just never got "stuffy" in the car before that time. This year a few times even in February it got hot and stuffy enough to need A/C in the car.

I live in Toronto. The winter is getting shorter and shorter. Snow is less and less. We used to have a lot of snow and a very long winter. But this winter(or maybe the last winter), I realized that I didn't see as much snowman on the sidewalk as I did few years ago. It might because of the snow smelts too quick or the snow is actually to icy to make snowman and I can't even grab a snowball sometimes.

Here in Ohio, U.S. we were having a normal winter until new years hit. Since then it's been pretty mild. It's supposed to hit 70 degrees tomorrow then drop to 35 the next day. January averaged like 15 degrees above average here.We've had alot up and down with the temps this winter. Last year (04-05)we had the snowiest winter ever recorded but then we also had tornadoes in November/December. Last summer was one of the mildest I've ever seen; not as hot and there weren't any of the big thunderstorms that I like. I guess the biggest difference I've seen is the erractic behavior of the weather. Not really a whole season out of whack it's just a little jumbled together and from one extreme to the other anymore. Although, it might have something to do with living by a bunch of large freshwater lakes? I heard were like 1 out of 2 places in the world to have lake effect snow. I've seen the weather change drastically in an hour mostly because the wind started blowing over the lake.

It has been a cold winter here, but over the last fifteen years it has definitely become generally warmer in winter in England and summer not so good. Parts of the country even have a drought now in the winter!

You can help scientists understand more about GW by taking part in the BBC Climate Change Experiment using your computer to run a weather model in a huge global experiment. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/climatechange and download the software and away you go!

P.S Please spread the word, the more the better. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost too hot for me right now; 70 degrees, or 12 above normal. I don't know how I'll survive when I go to Florida next week. But looking on the bright side, there are a bunch of animals everywhere I look. :)

It's almost too hot for me right now; 70 degrees, or 12 above normal. I don't know how I'll survive when I go to Florida next week[/b']. But looking on the bright side, there are a bunch of animals everywhere I look. :)

Don't go. Avoid it at all costs. We have been in 80's with high humidity and bugs. I live in Florida due to lack of financial stability and believe me, it's hot and humid. Have a good time though.

Wow, I'm gonna die. I'm going to the Everglades, and thats probably the hottest and most humid place in Florida. :-(

If the mosquitoes don't get you, DON'T PET THE ALLIGATORS. We have trained them to attack naive tourists. They only look friendly :D

Edit::The Everglades is the most humid part of Florida with a very high concentration of bugs. As long as you take a sweet blooded, excessive CO2 emitting friend which tastes good to alligators you should be fine. It's a fun place.

If the mosquitoes don't get you, DON'T PET THE ALLIGATORS. We have trained them to attack naive tourists. They only look friendly :D

I wasn't planning on petting the gators. :P

Edit::The Everglades is the most humid part of Florida with a very high concentration of bugs. As long as you take a sweet blooded, excessive CO2 emitting friend which tastes good to alligators you should be fine. It's a fun place.

I'll be fine then.

I recall reading something about some well know phenomena that when one part of the globe swings a certain way, another spot swings the other. I forget what this is called in general, but the North Atlantic Oscillation is an example.

For me it is easier to keep an eye on CO2 levels than global temperature.

I would also like to keep track of total biomass, living or recently demised.

Does anyone know where I can get historical data on that?

I assigned the job to some passenger pigeon awhile ago, but he hasn't shown yet.:confused: