Jump to content

Nutmeg


hw help
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sorry to be a bothersome again..=P

 

Okay, so i went to a store and bought it. Ground nutmeg.

 

How many spoonfuls do i have to do to get the effects such as euphoria, hallucination, etc.

 

I have a bag ready, just incase. ; )

 

Well, this is my first time using nutmeg, or a hallucinogen. Should i take 1 spoonful?

 

How do i calculate that stuff with my body weight, its just confusing.

 

Whats the formula to calculate that stuff with your body weight so we know how much we could take?

 

Thanks, once again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nutmeg is worthless, I wouldnt attempt a psychoactive dose.

 

If your going to do it anyway I would read over this first.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/

 

Also from Wikipedia.

 

In low doses, nutmeg produces no noticeable effect on the mind or body. Large doses of 7.5 g or more are dangerous, potentially producing convulsions, palpitations, nausea, eventual dehydration, and generalized body pain. In amounts of 10 g or more it is a mild to medium hallucinogen, producing visual distortions and a mild euphoria similar to that derived from Marijuana. However, use of nutmeg as a recreational drug is unpopular, due to the potential painful physical side effects, the risk of Nutmeg Psychosis (see below) and the inconveniently long span for which the effects of a single dose can persist. A user will not experience a peak until approximately twelve hours after ingestion, and effects can linger for up to an additional twenty-four hours afterwards. Any unpleasant side-effects would persist throughout this thirty-six hour period.

 

A risk of any large-quantity ingestion of Nutmeg is the sudden onset of Nutmeg Psychosis, an acute psychiatric disorder marked by hallucinations, excitement, thought disorder, a sense of impending death and agitation. Some cases have resulted in hospitalization and reportedly few who have experienced the effects of nutmeg poisoning recommend it or repeat the experience.

 

Even in smaller doses, Nutmeg can be a toxic substance. Ingestion of as little as 5 g may cause dry mouth, fast pulse, fever and flushing. It has amphetamine-like effects and may lead to the ingestion of large volumes of water. There is no specific antidote; the adverse effects wear off after 24 hours (or more) of rest.

 

Nutmeg is extremely toxic when injected intravenously. Nutmeg can also cause liver damage if used regularly in large quantities. Nutmeg has in the past been used as an abortifacient. Nutmeg can also cause death if used in large quantities, but this not a problem while cooking, since small amounts are used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have banned him, there`s NO WAY that any of us here can help or should be part of what seems a self destruction mentality, if his life is that worthless and pathetic that he feels the need to destroy himself in this way, why should WE play a part in that?

 

let him do it elsewhere, this place is about SCIENCE !

 

not only that, but as sure as God made little green apples, you can bet that helping this crack head will open the floodgates for a kazillion others :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly. I actually first learned about the effects of Nutmeg in my toxicology class in college. The amount needed to create any type of hallucinogenic effect is just below the amount needed to kill you. In addition, any type of hallucinogenic effect created by nutmeg is typically of a morbid and depressing nature due to the INTENSE amount of pain a high level of the stuff will put you in. (With virtually all hallucinogenic substances, the experience is all dependent on the users "mood". If one is feeling happy and at peace, they tend to experience pleasant 'trips', so to speak. If one is in pain, depressed, hurt, or not feeling well those 'trips' just intensify the feelings that are making them feel bad. This leads to the higher rate of suicide in people who routinely take hallucinogenic substances). NOTHING good can come from a "nutmeg hallucination". Those who try and do it are just sad individuals.

 

(On an interesting side note, the U.S. Navy bans the use of nutmeg on all of their ships. When my father was in the Navy on the nuclear submarines, he said that nutmeg was not allowed on board in fear that a sailor may purposefully, or accidentally, overdose on the stuff and go crazy on the nuclear submarine).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(On an interesting side note, the U.S. Navy bans the use of nutmeg on all of their ships. When my father was in the Navy on the nuclear submarines, he said that nutmeg was not allowed on board in fear that a sailor may purposefully, or accidentally, overdose on the stuff and go crazy on the nuclear submarine).

 

Are there any cases of this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.