Famous dead people's DNA ?

JonM

I know we still have hair and such from people like Mozart and Beethoven and I am sure many other brilliant minds (like Einstein’s maybe)?

Is anyone making an attempt to save their DNA so that in the future analysis could be done to see if there was something different about in the genetic code in order to see what made them tick?

I know it might sound stupid, but I think once genetic engineering comes around, it might be important… no?

Another question may be - Would it subconciously or knowingly lower our respect for them if we found out their DNA was a very large factor.

Personally, I think it may have a little to do with it - but the ideas and enviroment and processes would have to been acquired and done by the person.

Another question may be - Would it subconciously or knowingly lower our respect for them if we found out their DNA was a very large factor.

Personally' date=' I think it may have a little to do with it - but the ideas and enviroment and processes would have to been acquired and done by the person.[/quote']

Your right, I mean that is the old debate in psychology.. perhaps tests from thier DNA would show how much genetics has to do with a person

It has to have at least some effect though

Personally' date=' I think it may have a little to do with it - but the ideas and enviroment and processes would have to been acquired and done by the person.[/quote']

It does seem that Mozart, for instance, was an innately special and hugely talented people. As such it seems reasonable to guess that DNA rather than environment was the largest factor.

With the development of genetic enginnering we might actually get some rigourous answers to these questions.